PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/)
-   -   New, but looking for a few things... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/59346-new-but-looking-few-things.html)

areonic1 02-27-2009 01:21 AM

New, but looking for a few things...
 
First off, Im sorry if some of them are dumb, and if some are warez or illegal, please tell me Cause I dont know. Also, I tried doing some searching myself, but because Im on dialup right now, its very hard to do. So please dont get mad.

Im new to this phone, I had a normal touch prior to this, and just got the pro today. So I had a few questions of possibility, how to do, and wheres...

1)piece of tape on the right side, attached to front piece side, folds under, between screen and keyboard....take it off, or serve as a purpose?

2)Can you make it make sounds where you slide open/close the keyboard?

3)Is there anyway, beause the area im in right now, with no signal for data, can i connect my phone through one of my PC/laptops, which use dial up as a data connection?

4)Can you make the phone sounds/rigers everything alot louder? I tried one thing, but when I installed it, reset the phone, it didnt do anything or make a difference in the sounds.

Well crap, thats all I can think of now, I had so many more,lol.

Anyways, any help would be so greaty appreciated, Thank you in advance

Shawn

ou2mame 02-27-2009 01:31 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
you should really read the essentials thread.

and that piece of tape is for shipping purposes.

darren.wlsn1 02-27-2009 01:34 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
all questions are yes. none are warez. if the tape is black, mines removed and no cops showed up and phone works. all other answers are here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/42730-touch-pro-essentials.html

kyle4269 02-27-2009 01:35 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
I was wondering about that black tape also when I got mine..But I took it off and all was good. Also take a look in this thread to start off..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

ou2mame 02-27-2009 01:37 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
my tape's been clear for my 3 touch pro's... haven't gotten a new one in a while, but this one's screen started flickering, and the volume buttons seem to be pushing inward and not clicking anymore... oh, and the home key is pretty much just flopping around. so maybe i will be getting a new one.

darren.wlsn1 02-27-2009 01:38 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle4269 (Post 741948)
I was wondering about that black tape also when I got mine..But I took it off and all was good. Also take a look in this thread to start off..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

ha ha, i win. essentials thread saved my but a few times.

iNTaYkE 02-27-2009 01:40 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
Quote:

1)piece of tape on the right side, attached to front piece side, folds under, between screen and keyboard....take it off, or serve as a purpose?
I left mine on, but thats only because I didn't realize it was there until now. Haha.

Quote:

2)Can you make it make sounds where you slide open/close the keyboard?
Check this out:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nueSlidingKB.aspx
I believe its also included with Juicy's current custom ROM.

Quote:

3)Is there anyway, beause the area im in right now, with no signal for data, can i connect my phone through one of my PC/laptops, which use dial up as a data connection?
I think if you connect you're phone to the computer using ActiveSync, it'll share the internet connection. I'm not sure. I usually do the opposite: using the internet on my laptop using my phones connection.

Quote:

4)Can you make the phone sounds/rigers everything alot louder? I tried one thing, but when I installed it, reset the phone, it didnt do anything or make a difference in the sounds.
Install the tweaked AudioPara. It's located here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/41385-tweaked-audiopara-csv-louder-earpeice-spkphone-bluetooth-working.html

magoo66 02-27-2009 01:42 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
Check the essentials thread, all your answers and more:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

(ok, I thought I was being funny by posting this after 300 other people did, but it's really late, and I'm tired, and I have a feeling it's not funny. Oh well... just laugh, ok? good.)

darren.wlsn1 02-27-2009 01:47 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
essentials link is well covered with two other posts. aaa, one more cant hurt.

Mr_Alexander 02-27-2009 01:51 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
I just looked into this thread & thought of recommending the Essentials Thread but I see that's already covered.

Good work guys!

circuit breaker 03-11-2009 12:06 AM

Re: New, but looking for a few things...
 
Since we've gotten past pointing OP to the Essentials thread..

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 741944)
all questions are yes. none are warez. if the tape is black, mines removed and no cops showed up and phone works. all other answers are here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

what to do if you remove yours and cops DO show up?

*hiding behind blinds*


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0