PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

viceaction is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Memory Card Problem...Please Help

I have read before about memory card problems but have always ignored them (having no problems myself). Well now it is my turn.

I was playing around with locr trying to do my first geo-tagging experiment and soon after that I go to Tom Tom to quickly pick up a GPS signal...well since I have the US maps installed on my 2gb Sandisk microSD card, Tom Tom is also installed on the card. It is one of the few apps I have installed from the card.

When I go to open TT7, it is icon-less showing a broken link. So I go in to File Explorer and my card is not visible. I try Total Commander, nothing. I then put the card in to my Touch and see if it is a Touch Pro issue. No luck, it does not show up on the Touch either. So not giving up I pop it in to an old Canon power shot and it says "Memory Card Error" which is what it says when there is no card in the camera.

I have probably 50 apps, 500 songs, 100 photos/videos on the card as well as the US maps. This is a complete dagger if the card is f'd. Any insights on what to do ? Seems like the card is busted but you Pros might be able to help.

Thanks in advance,
Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz
Re: Memory Card Problem...Please Help

Try finding an extension viewer to put it on your computer. If that doesn't work then its probably bad
Old 02-27-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

funbobnopants is keeping up the good workfunbobnopants is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to funbobnopants

Go to http://www.cnetx.com/format/ You can download a program called flash format which allows you to diagnosis problems with your card right on your phone, even reformat if necessary. It costs like $12.00 but there's a 10 day free trial. If this helps hit Thanks.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

viceaction is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbobnopants View Post
Go to http://www.cnetx.com/format/ You can download a program called flash format which allows you to diagnosis problems with your card right on your phone, even reformat if necessary. It costs like $12.00 but there's a 10 day free trial. If this helps hit Thanks.

Great this worked like a charm, thanks and I hit "Thanks" for you.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm glad that worked for you. Thanks funbobnopants, I'm gonna get this too. One suggestion I have is to copy all the files on your disk to your computer. I do this & when I sold my Titan I had a full backup for the purchaser as well. Saved my bacon through several cards as well.

(My 2 cents)

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro