PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Refurbished Touch Pro... There here.... But nothing to be afraid of! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59249)

grandmasterlarry 02-26-2009 09:37 AM

Refurbished Touch Pro... There here.... But nothing to be afraid of!

Well, after owing the Touch Pro for 4 months now I am now on phone number 4 with the last phone only lasting about a week and finely was useable after a month. Im not going to go into detail about how all 3 of my pros went dead but here’s what happened.

#1 would not turn on after charging over night.
#2 phone was stuck on Align Screen.
#3 screen turned off when the slide was closed put it in landscape turn it off and back on and the screen would come back on.

#3 lasted 2 weeks and it finely just wouldn’t turn on at all. So after going to sprint Sunday to get a replacement and im waiting for 12 for them to open the manager comes and slaps a sign on the door saying "sorry no tech service on Sundays" I wanted to punch someone in the face but that’s another story.

So Monday comes and I go to get a new phone and they first give me **** because my cover was dyed black. So an hr goes by and they finely give me a replacement and yep you guessed it it’s a refurbished pro.... but I have to say this. This phone is BY FAR the best Pro I have had. It came with some nicks in the chrome but no biggy. The phone is extremely responsive with the stock rom. I was quick shocked. The phone slides nicely keyboard works perfectly.

Bottom line is the refurbished pro is the best one i have had so far.

So if anyone else has experiences with refurbished Pro's post um up!

HAPPY!

jtrag 02-26-2009 09:43 AM

Re: Refurbished Touch Pro... There here.... But nothing to be afraid of!

Wow.... Learn to space out your sentences in paragraphs. I couldn't even read your post because I'm too tired to try to read a bunch of words jumbled together LOL.

dallas contractor 02-26-2009 09:46 AM

Did you ever try a hard reset, take out battery and try to reset after putting back in?I am a shocked by how many phones are bad refurbished at Sprint. Seems that most phones I have read about just did not have a newer build date and was the biggest problem take it back to BB and Sprint. I am not flaming you but I have had 6 different phone models over the years and never had all the problems with returning 4-6 phones on each model. I guess I will get flamed about this.

grandmasterlarry 02-26-2009 09:54 AM

Yeah sorry its all jumble... they where all HARDWEAR issues and I tried everything before I went to sprint... hard reset, re-flash, and different loads nothing fixed it but a new phone.

LouieH 02-26-2009 10:58 AM

I got a letter in the mail yesterday that said we (CDMA TP owners) are now tier 2 and have to pay a $100 deductible.

grandmasterlarry 02-26-2009 11:53 AM

You should not have to pay anything with Sprint if you have insurance and it’s a manufactures defect. I have never had to pay anything. I never got that letter.

Sifter 02-26-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouieH (Post 740076)
I got a letter in the mail yesterday that said we (CDMA TP owners) are now tier 2 and have to pay a $100 deductible.

This is only when making claims with Asurion for lost or stolen phones.

Walk into a sprint store and they will swap your phone without hassle.