PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jptouch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Car Mount!!! :)

I work at a Sprint Corporate store and we have one that is amazing! It's a lil pricy but worth every penny. I use it on my Pro. Plus you have 30 days to try it out.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 300 (ATT Tilt 2)
Carrier: ATT

m2maynard is a n00b

I use an Arkon mount from www.arkon.com You buy the base (your choice of cup, vent and a few others), then depending on your phone, you buy the connector to that. I bought this with for my Apache a few years ago. I now have a Touch Pro, which is smaller in size, and could have/should have just bought a new connector for the phone, but just added a couple of rubber feet to the sides to hold the smaller touch pro. Works great. My top connector piece swivvles about 45 degrees either to the left or the right so the driver or the passenger can get a good glare free angle

Dell Axim X5 (05/03 to 08/04
Hitachi G1000 08/04 to 11/05
PPC 6600 (Blue Angel) 11/05 to 08/06
PPC 6700 (Apache) 08/06 to 01/09
PPC 6800 (Mogul) 01/09 to 01/09
Touch Pro (Sprint) 01/09 to Current
(Dates are estimates)
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
The problem with the Proclip mount is that it doesn't have a speaker out jack. Also, it doesn't charge as fast as it discharges.
If you buy the right one it does have a speaker out & mine will charge just fine while I use the GPS

~John
Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I know exactly what I want in my head. See, I installed a car stereo that had a storage space right under the radio. Here's an example:

Idealy what I want is something that can somehow wedge into that space, hold my phone, and at the same time have a rotating holster so if I want to turn my phone from portrait to landscape, all I have to do is twist....

Anyone have any ideas? If I could mold plastic and metall, I know I could create exactly what I want lol.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i actually picked this up at my local walmart for 14.99 works perfectly even with the keyboard out and it rotates

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IUH3-M.../dp/B001JQMFTS

Last edited by Yay 4 Juggs; 02-26-2009 at 03:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
If you buy the right one it does have a speaker out & mine will charge just fine while I use the GPS

~John
I wonder if it's because I bought the Brodit mount instead of the Proclip. Also, did yours come with an adapter in order to use the speaker out, or is it built in to the mount?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
+1 on the ProClip (www.proclipusa.com) a little pricey, BUT well worth every penny. I currently have one for my Touch Pro and have use their mounts on several phones in the past.
How does the ProClip work with having the sedio innocase?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work

This is the one I got... Not too expensive and it works GREAT!

http://www.netimes.com/shop/car-moun...l?cPath=80_422

NOTE: It took almost two weeks to get it in the mail. It ships from Hong Kong...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_j View Post
How does the ProClip work with having the sedio innocase?
That would be one drawback... the Touch Pro would need to be "naked". However, if/when Seidio comes out with their car mounts, they will ususally have one that will work the the Sedio Innocases. At least from my experience.

Just in case you don't know, the Proclips are two part configurations. the first part is the custom base mount specifically desigend for your car, the second is the device mount that goes on the base mount.

In addition the custom base mount follows mini-VESA specs. So if you find a mount that the VESA compatible, then it would mount up easily to the base mount.

Check out the site, it explains it all. www.proclipusa.com

Just FYI - I have used the proclip base mounts for years and had the Seidio Car mounts attached to the Proclip for the 6700, 700wx and 6800. Currently Seidio does not have a car mount the the Touch Pro. But I am sure they will come out with one sooner or later.

Last edited by CountryDevil; 02-26-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

izzyforreal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh90265 View Post
Hello all,

I wanted everyone's input/opinions/experience with any and all car mounts for the htc touch pro as I am looking into the matter for myself.

I was looking for a mount that is easily installable ( i.e. suction cup, vent, cup, etc...), BUT....

The main thing I was looking for was a mount that allows you to be able to ROTATE the phone whilst in the holder AND open up the phone as well. A mount that has a built in charger is a plus but not necessary.

Again, please post your input/opinions/experince and if you could recommend one that'd be great.

Thanks
Here's what I've got. The suction cup mount fits the TP and you can swivel it around to put the phone any way you'd like. I like it for nav apps, so I can always orient my screen with the road in front of me. The cool thing is that the part that holds the phone snaps off from the base and is interchangeable with other mounts. The piece below was my Mogul holder which also fits on this suction cup base. I took the Mogul mount and pulled out the original USB connector, cut a little plastic away and re-oriented a new USB connector so as to accomodate my Touch Pro. It really wasn't very hard. I made sure it would mate up with the TP and then I used epoxy putty from Wal-Mart or Pepboys to lock it in place. I had to add some felt shims to take up space. What I should have done was to procure an extra HTC splitter and epoxy that in place. Instead, I cut up the Mogul splitter and wired that in place and added a 3/8 phono jack to output to an FM transmitter. I got both of these mounts on Ebay. After doing all the work converting the Mogul mount, it turns out I like the new Touch Pro mount better. I just plug in the 3-way connector and clip the phone in the mount and I'm off. You can access the power and volume buttons and even use the stylus.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro