PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon!

K-OtiK is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to K-OtiK
Contact Back Up

I did a search and could not find what I was looking for, forgive me if I missed it. Im still a lil unfamiliar with these WM phones. I have a Touch Pro thru Sprint, but I bought it from Best Buy, for price reasons. But I checked my ROM date and my build, I definately have one of the older versions. I saw HTC has a new ROM to update a few things and I saw that it clears out contacts and all! I have an Apple iMac so unfortunately Active Sync will not work on my computer! Is there any other way I can get my contacts off the phone, do the ROM update, and put the contacts back on the phone without having to do it all by hand?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Contact Back Up

there are a ton of backup programs out there, such as PIM Backup, I believe the ROM update you are referring to is for the GSM model, you have Sprint which is CDMA. Check the Touch Pro Essentials in the Touch Pro forum found here.

Last edited by jason25; 02-25-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

JohnAD is just getting started

Does anyone else have the problem of when you restore contacts with PIM Backup, the next time you activesync you all of a sudden have every contact duplicated. This happens in outlook as well as on the phone. I haven't found a way around this.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

+1 for PIMBackup for backing up contacts, and JOHNAD you might want to check your activesync settings maybe you have it set up to change the information in your device when you conect with your pc that could be the problem at least what i can think of.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

littlefreak is just getting started

HTC Backup program is nice it will save a little packet onto your storage card. Also a good idea might be to sign up for microsoft My Phone Beta... Its perty sweet backs it up to your hotmail account.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-OtiK View Post
I saw HTC has a new ROM to update a few things and I saw that it clears out contacts and all!
I don't believe there is an official ROM update for HTC for our Touch Pros. I saw one posted the other day that was not for CDMA versions (which is what Sprint/Verizon/Alltel are). I'm not even sure that it was for domestic GSM versions.

Edit: By the way...welcome to the site!

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

Last edited by Hafrust; 02-25-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon!
Threadstarter

K-OtiK is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to K-OtiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefreak View Post
HTC Backup program is nice it will save a little packet onto your storage card. Also a good idea might be to sign up for microsoft My Phone Beta... Its perty sweet backs it up to your hotmail account.

where do I get HTC Backup?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

SPB Backup is also a good option..www.spbsoftwarehouse.com. A nice free option is DashWire. www.dashwire.com

Old 02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-OtiK View Post
where do I get HTC Backup?
Searching for HTC Backup would be a good start.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
SPB Backup is also a good option..www.spbsoftwarehouse.com. A nice free option is DashWire. www.dashwire.com
+1 for SPB Backup! I've been using that for a while!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro