PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Change Wallpaper of ONE tab [Not Home] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59104)

[sammich] 02-24-2009 11:22 PM

Change Wallpaper of ONE tab [Not Home]

Yea. Please don't shoot me. I checked the wallpaper changer threads and didn't see if they allow me to do this:

Change the wallpaper of ONE and ONLY ONE tab that is not the home tab.

So... is there a way to do it?

eenieMINI 02-24-2009 11:52 PM

Re: Change Wallpaper of ONE tab [Not Home]

I think there is a thread on xda that will allow you to change wallpaper on all tabs then have a separate home wallpaper... but I haven't seen that you can change just one random tab... I would guess a mode9 edit of that particular tab file could point to a png file someplace rather than the standard setup.

jason25 02-25-2009 12:14 AM

I have been wondering about this too.

littlefreak 02-25-2009 12:17 AM

It definately do able but its definately in mode9 or lua code... Cuz for example the Comm manager has that white background. And that is written the same way a tab is. Same with the music libary. My suggestion is disect these 2 sections mode9 and lua and see if you can find what is called to set the background.

PS: As a software engineer im just curious about being able to do anything I want in TouchFlo code so im slowly (still a student so i have little free time) trying to backward engineer these mode9 and lua code so I can perty much make any kind of tab I want. Im not look for this solution but I'll keep an eye out when im reading the code and ill let you know if I stumble on it.

jason25 02-25-2009 12:23 AM

Please do. Good night, I'm finally VIP!

toant103 02-25-2009 12:25 AM

Yes, want to know if I can have a seperate wallpaper for each tab

eenieMINI 02-25-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlefreak (Post 736851)
It definately do able but its definately in mode9 or lua code... Cuz for example the Comm manager has that white background. And that is written the same way a tab is. Same with the music libary. My suggestion is disect these 2 sections mode9 and lua and see if you can find what is called to set the background.

PS: As a software engineer im just curious about being able to do anything I want in TouchFlo code so im slowly (still a student so i have little free time) trying to backward engineer these mode9 and lua code so I can perty much make any kind of tab I want. Im not look for this solution but I'll keep an eye out when im reading the code and ill let you know if I stumble on it.

So, while you're poking... find for me how to remove the alarm and all day events from the home screen 1c684cd8_manila... I've done the other edit to clear the events but the scheduled alarm and dates show up.. I'm sure its in the above file but when I remove references (similar to I removed carrier name to get rid of the "Sprint" my screen stops scrolling up and I get a "0 Missed Calls" on the screen....so I'm taking off too much of something!

TIA..
Brenn

littlefreak 02-25-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 737146)
So, while you're poking... find for me how to remove the alarm and all day events from the home screen 1c684cd8_manila... I've done the other edit to clear the events but the scheduled alarm and dates show up.. I'm sure its in the above file but when I remove references (similar to I removed carrier name to get rid of the "Sprint" my screen stops scrolling up and I get a "0 Missed Calls" on the screen....so I'm taking off too much of something!

TIA..
Brenn

I have seen someone do that before in a picture so someone must already know how. I deffinately dont have time to do anything this week unfortainly between work and school im booked solid. Im sure other people will find it before me. What Im doing is trying to figure out all the pre defined elements of these files to figure out how to make my own screens from scratch.

shaun0207 02-25-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 737146)

TIA..
Brenn

Samething happened to me.

eenieMINI 02-25-2009 01:41 PM

Hmm.. OK thanks.. I guess we'll have to find someone who's showing it on their screen then ask for the edit. I want to edit my own file cause I don't want to change what I have other than removing reference to set alarms and all day appointments.

littlefreak 02-25-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 737987)
Hmm.. OK thanks.. I guess we'll have to find someone who's showing it on their screen then ask for the edit. I want to edit my own file cause I don't want to change what I have other than removing reference to set alarms and all day appointments.

Yea check the show your TP today screen thread I think thats where I might have saw it. And I agree on editing your own I have a running cab for my mods so if I ever hard reset or anything I just have a one click reset for all my interface mods and registry edits.

eenieMINI 02-25-2009 05:06 PM

How do you do that? Is it beyond me? I'm a quick study but no formal training.... but having all my "for sure" changes set up and ready to run is nice idea!

littlefreak 02-25-2009 10:31 PM

All a installable cab is a bunch of files in a cab container (alot like a zip folder) with an XML document in it describe how to install. Im sure quick google will show you how to make one. I just have one with all my manillia files in it and all my registry changes in it.

eenieMINI 02-25-2009 10:40 PM

Ah.. I can do that as far as my manila cabbed up... I'll have to do my registry.. I can export reg keys as cabs with ceregeditor.....so I have that kind of thing.. was understanding you had one cab to do all your customs..

Thanks for the insight!

MoonZ*BabysH 02-25-2009 10:43 PM

it would be kool to have a diffrent Backround for each Tab. ( and if you got a panoramic picture or something that would connect it would look alot more fluid kinda like the android home when you swipe to one of the sides) im sure that someone will do it eventually, i mean this is PPCGeeks, am i right. Amen Brother lol

littlefreak 02-26-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 739225)
Ah.. I can do that as far as my manila cabbed up... I'll have to do my registry.. I can export reg keys as cabs with ceregeditor.....so I have that kind of thing.. was understanding you had one cab to do all your customs..

Thanks for the insight!

I do have them all in one. Cabs are like zip files if i put all the infomation in them it does everything for me. Just gotta edit the XML to include a new file or registery change.

WarChild 02-26-2009 01:27 AM

a lot of good info here. Thanks!

rainfreak 02-26-2009 01:28 PM

Yeah, I would like to remove the alarm info and the call history because I have the call history tab in manila and could care less about the alarm info.

MoonZ*BabysH 02-26-2009 01:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 740389)
Yeah, I would like to remove the alarm info and the call history because I have the call history tab in manila and could care less about the alarm info.

The easiest way i found to do that is to use Manila Customizer, and set the anolog clock to your home but it also removes the date. like in the pic

rainfreak 02-26-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 740418)
The easiest way i found to do that is to use Manila Customizer, and set the anolog clock to your home but it also removes the date. like in the pic

I appreciate it moon but I am using the VGA version of HD Manila and assume that Manila Customizer would mess that up. Can anyone confirm that Manila Customizer works with the VGA version of HD Manila?

akastixx 02-26-2009 04:11 PM

saumaun: can i change wallpapers on 1 tab only?
mod nazi: *shoots, flames, and pwns saumaun*
saumaun: but everyone else has awesome mods on th-
mod nazi: no cabs for you!

[sammich] 02-26-2009 05:54 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

Eenie, it seems you know what you're doing, so I have a question for you:

How would I go about changing the font for the calendar tab? If I could do that, I wouldn't need to change the background. I have the white manila theme, and the calendar text is white. Therefore, I can't see anything.

I've already got font color changes for the other tabs that need them, but I can't figure out how to do it for the calendar tab. Thanks!

eenieMINI 02-26-2009 10:54 PM

Rainfreak.. I'm not sure about the HD version of manila but if you edit the 590ad244_manila (notpad works) file you can edit out the instances to the calendar and call history and alarm... also then you edit your clock back 1bbfdc9b_manila (chainfire editor) to remove the icons for said items.... that cleans your screen... until you get an appointment or set an alarm... thats where I'm stuck...

Sauman.. I wish I knew. I am sure its a mode9 file that deals with calendar text colors but I'm not sure how to edit these things. I bet though that nisse at xda might have already figured it out... I don't use the calendar page (seemed useless since the dates etc aren't "active") so I'm not sure. Sorry.

rainfreak 02-28-2009 12:54 AM

Thanks eenie, I checked and apparently the HD version doesn't contain a 590ad244_manila or 1bbfdc9b_manila file, so I guess I am out of luck. I could go through them all one at a time but by the time I figured it out I think that the Touch Pro 5 will have been released.

Maybe I'll jump over on xda and give the HD Manila thread a read and see if anyone over there has listed which Manilia files do which and save myself some time.

kid_29 02-28-2009 11:20 AM

They say some is working no it here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59265