PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to disable the power button while the keybord is out? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59051)

theedon 02-24-2009 03:20 PM

How to disable the power button while the keybord is out?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the power button while the keyboard is out? The problem is that whenever I type something with the keyboard, my finger presses up against the power button and the device either shuts off or asks if I want to Turn it off... I can't get through a single email with out cycling the power...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!!!

crazychef 02-24-2009 03:38 PM

Re: How to disable the power button while the keybord is out?

happens occassionally to me... its just like hold a guitar though man, gotta find the right fit..

would be a neat little hack though..

my left index finger just kinda lays on the keyboard half of the phone, but its a tight fit, i can see how anyone with fingers/hands bigger than mine might run into some issues with the button as well

mizzle80 02-24-2009 03:59 PM

as of now, I don't think there are any hacks/reg edits for this, but I think it would be nice to have

rawdikrik 02-24-2009 04:41 PM

I asked about this awhile ago.... unfortunately it doesnt look like there is much we can do.

pjf357 02-24-2009 05:33 PM

I found it!!!!!!! All you have to do is take a hack saw and cut off the top 1/8 inch of your touch pro.... works like a charm!!!! never hit that pesky power button again:p lol j/k It would be nice to be able to disable it. I hit that #%^&$@ all the time

Darkjedi 02-24-2009 05:45 PM

happens to me too, but its because when the phone is lying on the table with the keyboard open, I grab the top half of the phone and my finger always seems to land on the power button.

pezx44 02-24-2009 07:30 PM

Not sure if it would do it, but have you tried ae button plus (aebplus)? You can use that app to reassign buttons. If you can reassign the Power Button, maybe you can just put a do nothing command there and use something like psShutXP on your Programs tab to turn your phone off.

2sunscrew 02-24-2009 08:03 PM

its kinda like when you accidently sit on the tv remote or lean on it or something and for some reason IT ALWAYS goes to the loudest possible volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never the other way around

theedon 02-25-2009 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, this doesn't fix the problem but it helps... This CAB will disable the power buttons "Long Press Power OFF". This will at least prevent the accidental reboot while typing an email. It can be easily undone by uninstalling it.

All it does is overwrite \Windows\PowerOffWarning.exe with a program that does nothing...

NOTE: (Standard disclaimer) Use at your own risk...

NOTE2: You can't delete ROM files but they can be overwritten. This means that when the program is uninstalled the original ROM file reemerges and continues to operate as originally intended. The only way to get rid of a ROM file is to reburn your ROM without the file...