PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Verizon Touch Pro waking up on ring (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59005)

LittleBreezes 02-24-2009 09:31 AM

Verizon Touch Pro waking up on ring

Hi all, I have a VZ Touch Pro (6850) that is running the stock VZ ROM. When I get an incoming call the phone unlocks by itself. Since it is usually in my holster the touch screen is bumped with bad results. Is there any means of preventing the Touch Pro from unlocking when I receive an incoming call? Is there a .cab that can be installed to change this behavior?
thanks
Frank

jdesola 02-24-2009 11:06 AM

Re: Verizon Touch Pro waking up on ring

I use SensorLock. It requires that you perform a task (like flip it over or rotate a certain way) to unlock the phone. It has settings for when to unlock automatically. I had the same problem before I used this program.

LittleBreezes 02-24-2009 02:48 PM

Hi, thanks, do you know where I can purchafse that program?
Really appreciate the heads up
Frank
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdesola (Post 734876)
I use SensorLock. It requires that you perform a task (like flip it over or rotate a certain way) to unlock the phone. It has settings for when to unlock automatically. I had the same problem before I used this program.

GrandMasterB 02-24-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleBreezes (Post 735361)
Hi, thanks, do you know where I can purchafse that program?
Really appreciate the heads up
Frank

Google inicates this direction;

http://sensorlock.sourceforge.net/wi...wakka=HomePage

Checking it out now myself, Thanks.

ramiss 02-24-2009 07:39 PM

Or use S2U2

GrandMasterB 02-24-2009 11:29 PM

I used PocketShield for a couple of days and liked it alot , alot more than S2U , but they dont let you try it for very long before the nag screen completely ruins the appeal so today I have gone back to S2U. The new 1.50 in particular........ its pretty good.

http://s2u2.eqvipage.dk/S2U2-index.html

I am pretty sure PocketShield would be worth the money , I just wish I could have tried it for another day or so to get used to it.

Anyways I am in the same situation with my Verizon TP , I use a leather holster ALWAYS and Bluetooth the majority of the time between my Jawbone II and Plantronics 590. I would like a way for the screen to NOT wake up at all for ANYTHING unless I take it out of the holster and tell it to wake up. Sucks because all day I am getting calls and ect that wake the screen up but normally I wouldnt even bother taking the phone out of the case I just bluetooth it, except now I HAVE to keep taking it out just to shut the screen back off.

Makes me miss my BlackBerry and Sleeper magnet case something TERRIBLE!!! That ,in my opinion, has been the biggest downfall of going back to Windows Mobile from the BlackBerry, no dang sleepers for Win Mobile Devices :(

ramiss 02-25-2009 05:04 AM

Are you aware that S2US has a timeout function? It will allow you to set the device to turn back off after only a few seconds if the slide is not activated, thus saving battery.

Of course it also protects you from pressing anything by mistake.

jdesola 02-25-2009 10:53 AM

SensorLock is free! I don't remember exactly where I got it but it shouldn't take more than a search.

... that GrandMasterB stole my thanks ...

GrandMasterB 02-25-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiss (Post 737274)
Are you aware that S2US has a timeout function? It will allow you to set the device to turn back off after only a few seconds if the slide is not activated, thus saving battery.

Of course it also protects you from pressing anything by mistake.

Thanks for the heads up , that is a setting I had never really played with before and always left at 17sec. Now I have it set for 5sec , should help a little , I just wish it would come on for 0sec when in the holster LOL. I did try turning the backlight completely of for a day to see if it helped with my battery. And at the end of the day I still had 60% battery left (very VERY good) except my eyes were KILLING me from trying to make out the dark screen so I'll never do that again lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdesola (Post 737609)
SensorLock is free! I don't remember exactly where I got it but it shouldn't take more than a search.

... that GrandMasterB stole my thanks ...

No way man , I dont want the thanks for it. I never heard of the APP until you posted it so jdesola should get any and all thanks. =D>

jmorton10 02-25-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 736697)

I am pretty sure PocketShield would be worth the money , :(

Believe me, it is worth every penny.

Some of the earlier versions of PS where buggy & the features weren't all that great but the latest version is totally awesome.

There isn't a locking app I haven't tried at this point & PS is the best by a mile for a TouchPro IMHO.

~John