PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700p > HTC Touch > HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

spyder6838 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TV "lost connection to server(7005)"

Here is my problem anytime I try to use Sprint TV the channel gets about 3/4 of the way downloaded and it gives me an error message "lost connection to server(7005) please try again later". I tried many time and get the same message and everytime I try I have a good signal but still the same thing. I emailed sprint and this is what I got:
Thank you for contacting Sprint.

First I would like to apologize for the Technical troubles you are experiencing, please understand that we are working diligently to correct this and help provide you with your wireless needs.

Please use this link from your Instinct device, or go to the Home Deck
(http://softwarestore.sprint.com/m800/) also from the device, and click on the Yellow Instinct Software Updates button at the top of the screen.

Once you have done this, turn your device off and power back up. Now try to access your Sprint TV.

Your satisfaction is very important to me, so Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Christie H.
Sprint

Is there a reason why they want me to download software for the Instinct, because I told them in the email that I have a touch pro. I have search on here and google and found nothing about that code "7005". So any help will be great. Thanks

Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Sprint TV "lost connection to server(7005)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6838 View Post
Here is my problem anytime I try to use Sprint TV the channel gets about 3/4 of the way downloaded and it gives me an error message "lost connection to server(7005) please try again later". I tried many time and get the same message and everytime I try I have a good signal but still the same thing. I emailed sprint and this is what I got:
Thank you for contacting Sprint.

First I would like to apologize for the Technical troubles you are experiencing, please understand that we are working diligently to correct this and help provide you with your wireless needs.

Please use this link from your Instinct device, or go to the Home Deck
(http://softwarestore.sprint.com/m800/) also from the device, and click on the Yellow Instinct Software Updates button at the top of the screen.

Once you have done this, turn your device off and power back up. Now try to access your Sprint TV.

Your satisfaction is very important to me, so Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Christie H.
Sprint

Is there a reason why they want me to download software for the Instinct, because I told them in the email that I have a touch pro. I have search on here and google and found nothing about that code "7005". So any help will be great. Thanks
Install the latest SprintTV cab to the main memory of your TP, go through the steps and let your error message come up again, exit the SprintTV set up now...

Next install the CalKulin Sprint TV Fix.cab below to the main memory, after the soft rest, run the SprintTV set up again, it should work now.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calkulin's Sprint TV Fix.cab.zip (1.31 MB, 82 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

spyder6838 is a n00b
Re: Sprint TV "lost connection to server(7005)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Install the latest SprintTV cab to the main memory of your TP, go through the steps and let your error message come up again, exit the SprintTV set up now...

Next install the CalKulin Sprint TV Fix.cab below to the main memory, after the soft rest, run the SprintTV set up again, it should work now.....
What latest SprintTV cab? If I try to update button same thing I get lost connection try again later....Or are you saying go the site that sprint gave me and download that?

I have tried that site that sprint gave me and when I started to download it, it gave me a message that this is a samsung app and will not work.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Sprint TV "lost connection to server(7005)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6838 View Post
What latest SprintTV cab? If I try to update button same thing I get lost connection try again later....Or are you saying go the site that sprint gave me and download that?

I have tried that site that sprint gave me and when I started to download it, it gave me a message that this is a samsung app and will not work.
Naw man, come on now dude, Ok, go to Device> Program Files and delete the SprintTV directory folder and delete SprintTV from your TP, make a clean start... The SprintTV cab file is below, I know this works already and follow my instructions above......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

spyder6838 is a n00b

Thanks I already have that cab, but you know what I just hard reset my phone about 2 weeks ago and I guess I forgot to load it back on. So cool thanks and I will use that fix cab too just like you said.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

spyder6838 is a n00b

Ok followed the instructions to a tee.... Still getting the same problem. Now the channel gets about half way downloaded and gives me the error.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks for the info I couldnt get this to work on any rom beside the stock one! Hopefully with these cabs they will work now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro