PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

elyster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird stylus problem

Normally when I pull the stylus out, the phone wakes up, plus there is a magnetic feel to it when I slide the stylus back in. This no longer happens. No more "magnetic" feel, plus the phone no longer wakes up when I take the stylus out. This has happened before quite a few times and it always goes back to normal after a while. I don't know if its a combination of what I'm doing beforehand or not. I use to think there was an actual magnet up there but it must be something else going on. Now its been this way for a couple of days and has become quite an annoyance. No, the stylus is not bent.

Anyone ever encountered this problem?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Re: Weird stylus problem

Sounds like something broke and you need to get a new phone...?

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
Sounds like something broke and you need to get a new phone...?
I have to agree with you too..It really sounds like something is broke!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo

mr.squonk is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk

is it the stock stylus? did you try the spare you should have received with the new phone? if you have, i bet either the magnet in the phone fell "out" or perhaps it moved or slid somewhere else. just a thought.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Just getting started
Carrier: Alltel

drea43 is becoming a great contributor

Are you talking about the Touch Pro? It is supoose to wake up when you pull out the stylus and the stylus is slightly magnetic, it kind pops up in there noot real hard but it does not go up there like the mogul(6800)
Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Is the switch broken? There should be a small plastic piece inside the stylus dock.

Magnetism isn't what powers the phone, by the way. But if your phone isn't damaged but your stylus has lost it's magnetic charge, you could take a rare-earth magnet and slide it up one direction a few hundred times. That should restore the snappy feeling.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TNTRMSKD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Is the switch broken? There should be a small plastic piece inside the stylus dock.

Magnetism isn't what powers the phone, by the way. But if your phone isn't damaged but your stylus has lost it's magnetic charge, you could take a rare-earth magnet and slide it up one direction a few hundred times. That should restore the snappy feeling.
An everyday refrigerator magnet will do the trick (providing it is a magnetism problem). Just rub the stylus against it for 15-20 seconds.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Try using your other stylus, since the magnetism is from the stylus not inside the stylus hole. If that doesn't work, most likely the little metal plate that is aligned within the stylus hole fell out or out of place...
Old 02-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

It’s possible there might magnets both in the phone and in the stylus. In one of my many bored instances at work, I held the stylus up to my CRT monitor. Once you’re within about 1” of the screen you can see the magnetized area is roughly halfway down the chrome portion. I tried holding the phone up to the monitor as well and noticed the same pattern emanate from the location the magnet in the stylus would be if it was inserted in the phone. However, this could be due to residual/induced magnetization from the stylus being in there for so long.

I want to know how the magnet lost its strength so quickly. Did you strike it repeatedly or expose it to extreme heat? Those can wreak havoc on the magnetic domains. Sauman has the right idea with taking a rare-earth magnet to it, but try to keep a piece of paper between the magnet and the stylus. That’s right everyone, I don’t even like scratches on my stylus.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro