PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
UNknown caller Fix yet?

So is there a fix to show the number of a person while on a call instead of it saying unknown number? some tymes I answer by mistake and I don't know who I'm talkin to because once answered any number not stored in contacts just comes up as a unknown number!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: UNknown caller Fix yet?

unless the caller is purposely blocking their 10 digits b4 calling, caller id shud at least show the number and state its from. now otherwise, like if they dont block it but it comes up blocked anyway, u mite wanna call sprint tech supp(i know, sounds like a bad idea) but only they have access to the network that we cant get to. mite be a network thing not showing ur inbound caller id. HTH
Old 01-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
unless the caller is purposely blocking their 10 digits b4 calling, caller id shud at least show the number and state its from. now otherwise, like if they dont block it but it comes up blocked anyway, u mite wanna call sprint tech supp(i know, sounds like a bad idea) but only they have access to the network that we cant get to. mite be a network thing not showing ur inbound caller id. HTH
no boo it shows the number but once its answer the number changes to unknown caller on my titan it use to always show the number even after it's answered....I've sumtyme forgotten who i'm on the fone wit if they number isn't stored and then I look at the fone but all i see is unknown caller..
Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

um, use the default windows mobile dialer....
Old 01-23-2009, 10:18 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

cant stand the orig. dialer.... yea its annoying but o well. There is a longer thread on this

Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Are there any dialers that allow the ability to see who is calling, past the number?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Are there any dialers that allow the ability to see who is calling, past the number?
"see" as in a picture or image of them?? theres gotta be a few, s2u2 has a full page image option for incoming calls. the default dialer has a thumbnail you can see
Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Yea, PocketShield does that too (& also gives a real nice slide to answer/ignore screen on incoming calls)

~John
Old 01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Pinks, the solutions to your issues arent software related... just stop taking calls from people who arent in your phonebook or who call from blocked numbers and your issues will go away lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

I think I know what she's talking about: on the stock dialer once a call is connected, either received or sent, it shows a picture (or shadow) the name and call timer. However if the number is not in your phonebook is says "unknown caller", even if you just dialed the number. This is because the dialer is trying to put their name in this field. A good solutions would be to put the number here if it's not in your phone book.

I agree this is really annoying and kind of counter intuitive. I sometimes accidently answer when I take my phone out of my pocket and if its not a call from my contact list then I have no idea who's going to be there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro