PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TheAccuser is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official Keyboard Lag Thread

There are quite a few posts scattered through these forums talking about keyboard lag. I never had any keyboard lag with the stock rom on my Touch Pro, but with ALL of the custom roms, the keyboard lag is just terrible. I am constantly having to correct lag errors...no way I can easily keep my typing flowing. I do quite a bit of emailing, not just texting on my TP so this is becoming a major sticking point for me. I really love all of the tweaks on the custom roms, but the keyboard lag is one thing that I can't get past.

Has anyone identified what is actually causing this to happen? Does it have anything to do with a specific ROM starting point (ie - Fuze vs Verizon vs Sprint stock rom)?

I think I'm going to flash back to the stock rom and start customizing myself. What is everyone else doing? Are you just dealing with the lag?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Official Keyboard Lag Thread

I had terrible lag with the stock rom.. that is why I went to a custom rom myself.

I feel it's better by far with a custom rom.

But I still get some lag.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I made a cab to fix the lag for all custom roms.....
there is a txt file inside the zip if you rather do it manually.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KeyBoardLagHOTFIX.zip (870 Bytes, 749 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TaylorSPJ; 02-23-2009 at 02:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
There are quite a few posts scattered through these forums talking about keyboard lag. I never had any keyboard lag with the stock rom on my Touch Pro, but with ALL of the custom roms, the keyboard lag is just terrible. I am constantly having to correct lag errors...no way I can easily keep my typing flowing. I do quite a bit of emailing, not just texting on my TP so this is becoming a major sticking point for me. I really love all of the tweaks on the custom roms, but the keyboard lag is one thing that I can't get past.

Has anyone identified what is actually causing this to happen? Does it have anything to do with a specific ROM starting point (ie - Fuze vs Verizon vs Sprint stock rom)?

I think I'm going to flash back to the stock rom and start customizing myself. What is everyone else doing? Are you just dealing with the lag?
Its called WinMo. My theory is that it just doesnt operate in landscape mode well. I have seen this on all landscape enabled phones.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Good Cat View Post
there is a txt file inside the rar if you rather do it manually.
Really, let me take a look at this....
Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Good Cat View Post
there is a txt file inside the zip if you rather do it manually.
What does this cab do to fix the lag?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor

Just want to chime in that both my brother and I (both with Sprint Touch Pros) have experienced this on stock and non stock roms. It even gets to the point where we giggle and make fun of Microsoft (I mean who else is there to blame at times like these) and rant...
Old 02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
What does this cab do to fix the lag?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd
"InitialDelay"=dword: dec 0 (default value = 375)
"RepeatRate"=dword: dec 8 (default value - 8 )
Old 02-23-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TheAccuser is just getting started

I can confirm that this does not resolve the keyboard lag issues.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
I can confirm that this does not resolve the keyboard lag issues.
See my initial statement above. Your not gonna fix it unless you dump windows. It has happaned on all slider and flip phones that have WinMo on them. I dont know about non HTC devices. Anyone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro