PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TheAccuser is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Keyboard Lag Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
See my initial statement above. Your not gonna fix it unless you dump windows. It has happaned on all slider and flip phones that have WinMo on them. I dont know about non HTC devices. Anyone?
I never had any keyboard lag on my Touch Pro (Sprint) using the stock rom.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
I never had any keyboard lag on my Touch Pro (Sprint) using the stock rom.
Your the only one I know.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I can confirm that this does not resolve the keyboard lag issues.
I can confirm THIS DOES fix the lag.....u stated the lag u were having was for the touch pro and i have had numerous people (from my other site spj) use this and even speed up the lag on the new mighty rom.....it does work. did u soft reset after u applied the cab or settings????
Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Your the only one I know.
I have never head that on a stock rom there was a keyboard lag....my theroy is that the lag from custom roms come from the fact that the sys is extremly fast and the original settings for the keyboard lag isnt changed....the stock rom sys is slow, so therefore the lag has to be longer to match with the sys....when a faster sys is in a rom the lag will not match so thats when u see a lag....the cab i made is made to match closer to the faster sys's to fix the lag....the accuser is the only person who has said my cab hasnt worked.....most likely do to a non soft reset after instalation.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have no lag with Juicy's rom, however in order to get rid of it completely, you can disable xt9 in the registry but you will loose function of the compact qwerty and get the standard windows word completion back. I can post a cab later if you want
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Good Cat View Post
I have never head that on a stock rom there was a keyboard lag....
Really?

Well... Look here;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=428144

Look here;
http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=887

Here;
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33248637.html

I can get more talking about the stock ROM lag if you want but I am sure you beleive me now.....

Even CNet sees the lag on the Sprint Stock ROM.

So.... No lag on stock? Yeah, there is.

Lag just may be differnt for all of us. What I consider Lag and what you consider Lag could be differnt in this case.

But any WinMo slider or flip will lag. Its winmo....
Old 02-23-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

regardless i stand by my theroy and i also stand by the fact that i know my cab works.....could be different depending on custom rom(with mighty's newest it works flawlessly). I have many many people who can confirm....but theres always room for disagreement...i have a few other lagfix cabs with different settings but this one seemed to work the best with the most recent updated roms......
Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Good Cat View Post
regardless i stand by my theroy and i also stand by the fact that i know my cab works.....could be different depending on custom rom(with mighty's newest it works flawlessly). I have many many people who can confirm....but theres always room for disagreement...i have a few other lagfix cabs with different settings but this one seemed to work the best with the most recent updated roms......
Im not saying it doesnt work. Im just saying that the lag is inherient to WinMo, not just customs. My 6800 was really bad.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TheAccuser is just getting started

Quote:
Really?

Well... Look here;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=428144

Look here;
http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=887

Here;
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33248637.html

I can get more talking about the stock ROM lag if you want but I am sure you beleive me now.....

Even CNet sees the lag on the Sprint Stock ROM.

So.... No lag on stock? Yeah, there is.

Lag just may be differnt for all of us. What I consider Lag and what you consider Lag could be differnt in this case.

But any WinMo slider or flip will lag. Its winmo....
When I am talking about lag...I am talking about typing on the keyboard becoming completely useless. I type really fast and on 5 custom roms I've used, it can't keep up with my typing...often producing double characters or simply missing 5 or 6 key presses. This does not occur using the stock rom. I can type as fast as my little fingers will go without any issues. Sure there may be a bit of "lag", but it always captures exactly what I am typing...no omissions and no added characters.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
When I am talking about lag...I am talking about typing on the keyboard becoming completely useless. I type really fast and on 5 custom roms I've used, it can't keep up with my typing...often producing double characters or simply missing 5 or 6 key presses. This does not occur using the stock rom. I can type as fast as my little fingers will go without any issues. Sure there may be a bit of "lag", but it always captures exactly what I am typing...no omissions and no added characters.
Thank you for clarifying it.

I guess your one of th elucky ones that dont see Lag on a stock ROM. Your very lucky. Even cnet talks about the keyboard lag.

Keep that phone ;c)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro