PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WMWifiRouter and Macbook Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58819)

mwfielder 02-22-2009 10:33 PM

WMWifiRouter and Macbook Pro

1 Attachment(s)
I know, another WMWifirouter thread....:protest: But this problem I've not found in any of the other threads, and no one seems to know the solution to this.

I have a VzW Touch Pro (running scrosler's v3 ROM) and WMWifiRouter 1.25 (registered). Macbook Pro, running OSX 10.5.6. (I also have Parallels v4 with Windows Vista Ultimate).

I can connect the device via Missing Link and via WMDC just fine.

When I run wifirouter (using default settings), it starts up fine and runs. The Macbook (via Airport) sees the device fine. However, when it connects, it connects it as a "device" not as a wireless access point (can't connect to internet). See screenshot.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

pg2k3 02-22-2009 11:13 PM

Re: WMWifiRouter and Macbook Pro

Im not too knowledgeable about the world of macs but I can tell you that WMWifi router uses Ad-Hoc instead of Infrastructure (Used by most true Access Points). Ad-Hoc is not primarily intended for internet use as it does not support default gateways and its meant to connect a device to another wireless device without a router to intermediate. If macs do not have any form of Internet Connection Sharing like microsoft does then that would explain alot as well. I could be wrong but thats my theory.

stevedusa 02-22-2009 11:16 PM

Nothing is wrong here, the WMWifiRouter uses Ad-Hoc mode by default and that's why it's showing up as a "device" network, which is what Ad-Hoc mode presented as.

gatolsf 02-22-2009 11:21 PM

that's how my MacBook Pro connects to my phone and the internet does work.

mwfielder 02-22-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatolsf (Post 731155)
that's how my MacBook Pro connects to my phone and the internet does work.

Did you do any tweaks to the TP? Mine won't connect to the internet when I connect as a device....

m_kranzler11 02-22-2009 11:44 PM

I have a Verizon Touch Pro and a Macbook and I am running the free version of WMWifirouter and it connects in Ad-Hoc mode and works fine. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I don't use the latest version though since I am too cheap to pay for it ](*,).

adslave 02-22-2009 11:46 PM

wmwifi workd great on mine too....cept for the hot htc touch prp

mwfielder 02-23-2009 12:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Dangit, mine won't connect. For those who get it to work, does your wifi icon look like the one in my screen shot attached?

Do I need to tweak DUN settings or something like that?

stevedusa 02-23-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwfielder (Post 731288)
Dangit, mine won't connect. For those who get it to work, does your wifi icon look like the one in my screen shot attached?

Do I need to tweak DUN settings or something like that?

Once you connect to the WiFiRouter's network, go to your System Perferences -> Network -> Airport and check the IP address there. It should be automatically assigned and given a Router IP as well.

I'll do some screem cap on my end so bear with me.

mwfielder 02-23-2009 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 731312)
Once you connect to the WiFiRouter's network, go to your System Perferences -> Network -> Airport and check the IP address there. It should be automatically assigned and given a Router IP as well.

I'll do some screem cap on my end so bear with me.

Won't assign an IP address....goes to a self-assigned and won't connect. (see screen shot)

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/Picture7.png