PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WMWifiRouter and Macbook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwfielder View Post
Won't assign an IP address....goes to a self-assigned and won't connect. (see screen shot)
I think you setup the WMWifiRouter wrong. Try click "Renew DHCP" and see if that helps.

It should look like these:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap1.jpg (31.3 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg cap2.jpg (28.2 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mwfielder is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
I think you setup the WMWifiRouter wrong. Try click "Renew DHCP" and see if that helps.

It should look like these:
Renewing DHCP didn't work...when I connect via normal wifi I get a router address (like you). Not with wifirouter....

Old 02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tell me this. On the TP, while connected via wifirouter, if you tap the icon at the lower left (the bars), and then arrow right to "Wifi", do you have an IP address there?

I only have "0.0.0.0/0" but underneath have what looks like a MAC ID address. What do you have?

(by the way, thanks for all the help)
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Go to your WiFiRouter, then Options, under "Wifi Network", is it "Dynamic" or others?

I think you set it as "None"... thus results in whatever you just mentioned because I have 192.168.3.1
Old 02-23-2009, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Go to your WiFiRouter, then Options, under "Wifi Network", is it "Dynamic" or others?

I think you set it as "None"... thus results in whatever you just mentioned because I have 192.168.3.1
"Dynamic (safer)" I used all the default or recommended settings...
Old 02-23-2009, 01:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
"Dynamic (safer)" I used all the default or recommended settings...
How about security, was it WEP or None?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

WEP, but I have the right password. For a minute I got wifirouter to assign an IP address.....but still couldn't connect. Tried to manually enter stuff on the Macbook Pro (manual DHCP)....but no go. Switched IP ranges on wifirouter.....still no go. Ugh, why can't I figure this out?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
WEP, but I have the right password. For a minute I got wifirouter to assign an IP address.....but still couldn't connect. Tried to manually enter stuff on the Macbook Pro (manual DHCP)....but no go. Switched IP ranges on wifirouter.....still no go. Ugh, why can't I figure this out?
Disable WEP and give it a try. If that solves the problem then we know why.

Don't worry we are here to help.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Disable WEP and give it a try. If that solves the problem then we know why.

Don't worry we are here to help.
Well I'll be damned.....that worked. Disabled WEP and it connected, found an IP address, and I'm posting from my TP connection.

Now why is that? Can I only connect via "naked" wifi now?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Well I'll be damned.....that worked. Disabled WEP and it connected, found an IP address, and I'm posting from my TP connection.

Now why is that? Can I only connect via "naked" wifi now?
Another way to test it out is, find another machine and try the WEP setting there see if that connects. If that doesn't then we know something is up on the TP's end, if it does then we know something is up on your end.

Here's a hint, try erase the Airport network profile for your Wifirouter in the Advanced section of the Network.

Good luck!

Of course, there is a chance that the key you entered is wrong, one more reasons that WEP stinks lol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro