PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 04:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Touch Pro Freezing 10+ times/day and Oil Slick on screen

i'd backup ur contacts/msgs... hard reset, DONT install ur programs for a few days, and see if you still get the issue. if so, try a different ROM. if not, then install a couple programs at a time, starting with ur most used, and see if you can find the source...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

as far as the "OIL SLICK" goes, its not a refraction of light(think prisms here) into an adhesive used to hold things in place? im asking, i dont really know how these phones are held together in various places.. just seems like it could be possible..maybe lol....

maybe if there is an adhesive in there, our phones are getting so hot, its in a sense thinning things out a little, mixxing that with al the screen tapping/pressing it could force it to spread out into a visible area
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"

Last edited by crazychef; 02-23-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:35 AM
VIP Member

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP

well, the sprint techs say the rainbow thing is from force. some other ppl on the site say its from the lcd pulling away from the surface underneath... others say its from keeping it near the waves or something from other electronics after certain amount of time... others say its from situations like bathroom during a shower... sooo yea.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro cdma
Threadstarter

dg12een is a n00b

I did a hard reset last night and then used htc back up to restore the pim stuff. I added a couple of programs (s2u2, s2v, s2p, syncmate) so the phone is very close to 100% stock sprint config. It hasn't frozen at all and the battery life is fine (I took it off the charger at 830am and it still has 7 bars left as per the "power" settings tab. It was honestly pretty annoying not having the phone set up properly. I don't have email or weather as of right now. But from today's trial, the problem seems to be software rather than hardware.

I don't have time to mess with the phone, so I will most likely have to keep it "bare bones" until the work week is over.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 AM
VIP Member

if ur just using the tf3d weather and the wm email inbox, it shouldn't be an issue, i'd go ahead and set those up too...
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Lurker

sq louis is a n00b

my htc pro is frozen rt now. iturn it on and it goes to the my info page" if im real quick i can tap it and it wil lgo to the unlock-password screen and ill type in the password and then it will freeze. so i cant get past the first two screens. ive soft/hard rest it a million times and took the battery out alot too. it just wont ubdge. Did i get a virus from trying to download applications? thats what i was doing the night before this happened. i was in the middle of trying to get the downloads through the internet for the htc customisation software. its just for customizing today screens and stuff. thats when it froze up. i was messing with that program and texting at the same time and the battery died and then it froze up and hs been that since. WHAT DO I DO?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq louis View Post
my htc pro is frozen rt now. iturn it on and it goes to the my info page" if im real quick i can tap it and it wil lgo to the unlock-password screen and ill type in the password and then it will freeze. so i cant get past the first two screens. ive soft/hard rest it a million times and took the battery out alot too. it just wont ubdge. Did i get a virus from trying to download applications? thats what i was doing the night before this happened. i was in the middle of trying to get the downloads through the internet for the htc customisation software. its just for customizing today screens and stuff. thats when it froze up. i was messing with that program and texting at the same time and the battery died and then it froze up and hs been that since. WHAT DO I DO?
was it the 2.o or 2.1 version that u downloaded...you are talking about HHC right? i downloaded ita few weeks ago from freewarepocketpc and it jacked my phone up bad...

hard reset took care of it no prob
Old 05-10-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Merq is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Merq

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
well, the sprint techs say the rainbow thing is from force. some other ppl on the site say its from the lcd pulling away from the surface underneath... others say its from keeping it near the waves or something from other electronics after certain amount of time... others say its from situations like bathroom during a shower... sooo yea.

well this sucks - i have a rainbow color thing that gets bigger with force and then dies back down to a small circle -- but now since letting it go for 2-3 weeks it's getting bigger in the idle position -- it's slowly spreading

wtf is wrong with these touch's? i thought HTC was better than this
Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
yes, get a windows pc!
FAIL !
Old 05-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

LaJuana is a n00b

my phone has been freezing since i bought it. it had the 6.1 software then. now i have the 6.5 upgrade and it freezes regularly. i have had to reset my phone 3 times. i think its time to visit the sprint store. anything else i should try before i go trade my htc for something else?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro