PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: T MOBILE

fe.lixo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to fe.lixo
I have a question...!

ok...mmm... the things is that I was thinking about buying an HTC Touch Pro (unbranded)... Im in the US and Im using t-mobile... i have a very bad reception... my question is... if i buy the phone... it will use t-mobile's signal or it will get better signal....???
Old 02-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: I have a question...!

it will be t-mobiles signal if your using a t-mobile simcard, but the G signal is shared between tmob and att I believe (just not data)

you might want to just look into early terming and switching carriers if your signal is just that bad.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
it will be t-mobiles signal if your using a t-mobile simcard, but the G signal is shared between tmob and att I believe (just not data)

you might want to just look into early terming and switching carriers if your signal is just that bad.
+1 some areas are just better with Signal than others, where im at i almost always have full bars with sprint but if i didnt ide look into who gets the best reception in your area. just have to google what Cell towers are in your area or just ask your friends which carriers they use and how there signal is. IMHO
Goodluck
Old 02-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: T MOBILE
Threadstarter

fe.lixo is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to fe.lixo

yea... im gonna use the t-mobile simcard... but i thought that for being a phone with no brand... it would have better signal...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

well there is the part were different phones are better than getting signals than others but thats not really carrier specific. the sim card basically says your a t-mobile customer and to use their towers.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Who knows, it could be better, could be worse, could be exactly the same.

For example, I have a Touch Pro, I'm with Sprint, I'm using a Telus radio and I get slightly better reception than with the stock Sprint radio.

But honestly, if I were in your position, I'd just switch carriers.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Blabber mouth

yea, tmobile and sprint are the cheaper carriers so I can understand your wanting to stick with tmob. if they would just use the same band as europ 3g id be all over tmobile. but sprints the best data centric choice out there currently. att and vzw are good, but a ton more expensive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro