PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
after 4 months has someone fixed the Txt bug?

4 months since TP has been released and i still get the problem when i'm trying to txt someone where the contacts pop up and i have to cancel. I read somewhere that the aftermarket rom's don't have this problem. Has anyone running a stock rom figure how to get rid of that bug??? it's annoying to have to close out contacts then hit task manager.

thanks,
sid
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
Re: after 4 months has someone fixed the Txt bug?

I have this same problem, but its not contacts that pop up, its HTC Smart Dialer searching thru my contacts. I am on an aftermarket rom (Juggalo's) and it is still occurring.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I have this same problem, but its not contacts that pop up, its HTC Smart Dialer searching thru my contacts. I am on an aftermarket rom (Juggalo's) and it is still occurring.
The same problem happens to me, but I'm using Bell's stock rom.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SurfDan5 is just getting started

Is this the issue your referring too? I've been following a similar thread over at XDA and unfortunately no one has found a fix for it yet. Some are saying that it might be due to custom icons particularly the volume icon.

Check out the thread at XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=456163
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Exact same problem from Xda!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 AM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia

Bump

Has anyone found a solution that doesnt cause you to delete you custom task bar

After searching 6 pages in the thread no real solution there must be a simple Reg Hack?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

The thing thats causing this issue is indeed the custom taskbar, but its not the whole custome taskbar, is just the HTMVolumeControll.dll file thats causing the issue, so if you want to fix it just find a stock HTCVolumecontroll.dll file, and put it into your windows folder to overwrite the current one.
My custom ROM does not have this issue
Old 02-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

If it is the issue where you hit reply to a text message, immediately open the keyboard to start typing, and then it switches to the smart dialer.... then I have to say it isnt tied to the custom taskbars or icons. I had that issue with a completely stock rom up until last week.

The only way I could get around it was by waiting a full second after opening the keyboard before I started typing.... otherwise it would have that bug.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 02-04-2009, 01:57 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post
4 months since TP has been released and i still get the problem when i'm trying to txt someone where the contacts pop up and i have to cancel. I read somewhere that the aftermarket rom's don't have this problem. Has anyone running a stock rom figure how to get rid of that bug??? it's annoying to have to close out contacts then hit task manager.

thanks,
sid
maybe Im just lucky but I have never had this problem

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
The thing thats causing this issue is indeed the custom taskbar, but its not the whole custome taskbar, is just the HTMVolumeControll.dll file thats causing the issue, so if you want to fix it just find a stock HTCVolumecontroll.dll file, and put it into your windows folder to overwrite the current one.
My custom ROM does not have this issue
Can anyone confirm if this works or not? I have a stock rom (so my .dll file should be stock?), but I have this problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro