PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Screen going black after a few seconds . . having to hit power button to turn it on . (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58705)

protomind 02-21-2009 09:51 PM

Screen going black after a few seconds . . having to hit power button to turn it on .

My screen goes dark after a few minutes, which is totally fine, I am glad that is does. The problem is that to get it back I have to hit the power button on top of the phone to make it come back on. What I would really like is to be able to "wake" the screen by touching it or hitting one of the lower buttons to wake it. It is a royal pain in the arse having to always hit this power button. Any solutions would be very welcome, especially one that would let me wake the screen with a simple touch to the screen.

camelfoo 02-21-2009 09:57 PM

Re: Screen going black after a few seconds . . having to hit power button to turn it

thats how the phone is. if you can wake it by just by touching the screen then it would turn on anytime something touches it.

poopsie 02-21-2009 09:59 PM

Re: Screen going black after a few seconds . . having to hit power button to turn it

You can go in and go to settings and unlock the buttons so any of the hard buttons will wake the phone. As for the screen, I don't know of any way to set it to turn on just by touching the screen. Its probably best that it doesn't anyways, the battery would run down even faster-

tmz 02-21-2009 09:59 PM

That's the way thay work. If you touch the screen to wake it ,it would be coming on all the time in your holster or pocket..

Thanks T M Z

protomind 02-21-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopsie (Post 728815)
You can go in and go to settings and unlock the buttons so any of the hard buttons will wake the phone.

Thanks, that will work perfectly. Too bad a gesture couldn't wake the screen. Like a left to right swipe or some such. I will mess with the settings though and make one of the buttons do it.

Thanks.

protomind 02-21-2009 10:48 PM

Any idea how I can configure the setting to wake the screen from another button? i tried going into settings/buttons but can not figure this out at all.

r1_rydah 02-21-2009 11:29 PM

pulling the stylus out will also wake the phone up

protomind 02-21-2009 11:54 PM

I did note that, but it is not really convenient, I am hoping to find out the right settings for the button configs.

ryallchild 02-21-2009 11:58 PM

go into settings/system then key lock and set it to do not lock buttons

protomind 02-22-2009 03:20 PM

Figured it out, sort of. Is there a way to make the other keys when pressed wake the screen without doing the actual function of the button? I.E. Press home key to wake screen, instead of going to home, the screen wakes up.

Sort of like how pressing the power button wakes the screen but does not power off the device.

I hope I explained this clearly enough to understand.