PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jawxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jawxx
My keyboard died.

No, really, it did.

Just up and stopped working. No unusual dropping of the phone. No throwing it against the ****ing wall even though this thing pisses me off almost everyday. This phone lags so much and I've gotten so frustrated trying to use it that when the keyboard up and randomly **** the bed in the middle of a text the other day, I was barely phased. Closed the phone and opened up the on-screen, ultra-gay, finger-type mode, and finished my message.

Also the little round thing in the middle stopped working. Not pressing it but the touching it, for changing text sizes, zooming and such.=D>

Oh, and lets not forget my damn TALK button doesn't work anymore. I CAN NOT dial a number that's not saved in my phone because of that fantastic feature. =D>

I was so excited to upgrade from my Mogul to this that I drove 2 damn hours to buy one from a Best Buy in a different town because both BBs where I live were sold out. It's sexier, don't get me wrong. And the extra row on the keyboard -- bad ***. Though I hate what happens if you accidentally hit the TXT button. Or the mail button. And I realllllly HATE HATE HATE when I have the phone in landscape mode and I hit Opera on accident. Or how to access one of my quick launch programs I have to close the phone and return it to normal mode (this was something they should have realized).

Looks -- this thing wins. By a lot. But function -- My mogul would smear this thing in the dirt.

After a hard reset.... maybe a day later... the lags starts slowly but surely again. Before I've installed programs or reg tweaks. And it just gets worse! Often times I could type a whole text in the time it takes to load that thread. Once the thread is open I type normal speed.... the phone types at maybe 1 letter per second. Sometimes less. Gah!

I want a big screen. I want a keyboard. I want internet and GPS. But I also want it do something when I tell it to. S%&$* F%*$&#

That's my rant. I haven't even called my insurance yet cuz as much as I don't want to downgrade I'm not sure I want another TP.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: My keyboard died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawxx View Post
No, really, it did.

Just up and stopped working. No unusual dropping of the phone. No throwing it against the ****ing wall even though this thing pisses me off almost everyday. This phone lags so much and I've gotten so frustrated trying to use it that when the keyboard up and randomly **** the bed in the middle of a text the other day, I was barely phased. Closed the phone and opened up the on-screen, ultra-gay, finger-type mode, and finished my message.

Also the little round thing in the middle stopped working. Not pressing it but the touching it, for changing text sizes, zooming and such.=D>

Oh, and lets not forget my damn TALK button doesn't work anymore. I CAN NOT dial a number that's not saved in my phone because of that fantastic feature. =D>

I was so excited to upgrade from my Mogul to this that I drove 2 damn hours to buy one from a Best Buy in a different town because both BBs where I live were sold out. It's sexier, don't get me wrong. And the extra row on the keyboard -- bad ***. Though I hate what happens if you accidentally hit the TXT button. Or the mail button. And I realllllly HATE HATE HATE when I have the phone in landscape mode and I hit Opera on accident. Or how to access one of my quick launch programs I have to close the phone and return it to normal mode (this was something they should have realized).

Looks -- this thing wins. By a lot. But function -- My mogul would smear this thing in the dirt.

After a hard reset.... maybe a day later... the lags starts slowly but surely again. Before I've installed programs or reg tweaks. And it just gets worse! Often times I could type a whole text in the time it takes to load that thread. Once the thread is open I type normal speed.... the phone types at maybe 1 letter per second. Sometimes less. Gah!

I want a big screen. I want a keyboard. I want internet and GPS. But I also want it do something when I tell it to. S%&$* F%*$&#

That's my rant. I haven't even called my insurance yet cuz as much as I don't want to downgrade I'm not sure I want another TP.
you might want to try just going in to sprint and see what they can do for you , they might switch you phones for something you may actually like. when my mother inlaw was having trouble with her diamond and she didnt want it anymore they offered her a blackberry, (she hinted toward the blackberry) not saying it will be a definate but its worht a try. also check out what phone you might want to replace it with so you can kinda drop hints. it should be same or lesser value unless you want to pay the price diffrence which im sure theyll be hapy to obligde
Old 02-21-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jawxx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
you might want to try just going in to sprint and see what they can do for you , they might switch you phones for something you may actually like. when my mother inlaw was having trouble with her diamond and she didnt want it anymore they offered her a blackberry, (she hinted toward the blackberry) not saying it will be a definate but its worht a try. also check out what phone you might want to replace it with so you can kinda drop hints. it should be same or lesser value unless you want to pay the price diffrence which im sure theyll be hapy to obligde
That's partly the issue. There's not really another sprint phone that fits this bill. slide out keyboard, big screen, and the other goodies this thing has when it works right. Hence my dilemma.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawxx View Post
That's partly the issue. There's not really another sprint phone that fits this bill. slide out keyboard, big screen, and the other goodies this thing has when it works right. Hence my dilemma.
might have to wait till the htc HD pro comes out (wont be for a while though) sounds like the only one that will fit the bill on sprint.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:06 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

sounds like if the phone worked right, it would be fine for you. you should contact htc and send it in for warranty repair, after trying to get sprint to swap it out for you. but since you bought from bestbuy, that might be an issue. you could also try talking to bestbuy, but the problem with them is that they're just a reseller, so they will most likely send you straight to htc because you're already past their exchange policy. this is why buying through sprint is usually worth the extra price.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jawxx is a n00b

Update!

I went into the Sprint store today to ask for an exchange. Just to see what they'd tell me.

They said since the 30 days has p***** (why is this thing bleeping me. I wrote p a s s e d) they counln't exchange it, and that since 30 days has p***** BB wouldn't exchange even if I talked to them. But I have TEP on my Sprint account. Total Equipment Protection. This covers my buttons that don't work. And that's without filing a claim and having to pay the $50. The guy gave me the speech though how I'd probably get a refurb but then he checked the computer and no refurbs in stock.

That means a Brand New In Box Touch Pro for this guy. Cost. 0$
I should be able to pick it up Tuesday.

This is why I pay $8/mo insurance. I break phones a lot, but this one broke itself. I hope I don't have the issues I had with this one. This phone has so much potential and when it works it like it's supposed to it's slick as KY Ultra.

RockON.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mshefke is just getting started

Glad they are taking care of you. I had the exact same thing happen to me about a month ago. Whenever I've had a problem, Sprint has always taken care of me. again, that's why we pay for TEP.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

I'M having to go through asurion, but i'm getting a new replacement (free because i got it from them in the first place) for my dead keyboard. my keyboard first started with the usual double type and often time i would watch as it just kept repeating a single key over and over an over and sure enough as others have stated after about a week it finally died completely.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

get a new one as soon as you can! it started out like that for me too...it would work sometimes....then completely stopped working...then left side of soft keys stopped working then all the soft keys stopped working...then screen started freaking out and scrambling the image so i had no clue what my phone was trying to display
Old 02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's had this problem. I just hope I don't have the same problem another 3 months down the line. According to another thread the problem occurs because the ribbon cable connecting the two halves is under the keyboard, and as you work at it the connection loosens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro