PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC Touch Pro2.... wtf? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58673)

aughsum 02-22-2009 02:50 PM

Re: HTC Touch Pro2.... wtf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 730088)
your frustration is understood. unfortunately, you started a thread about something that already has about 30 threads with the same thing. i think that's why everyone had a little fun.

yeah i understand having a little fun with it but theres a difference between fun and malice.. some people are so pathetic they actually get off on this kind of stuff, figuratively, i hope.

I'm just glad I'm me and not them.

Dr.8820 02-22-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aughsum (Post 730134)
yeah i understand having a little fun with it but theres a difference between fun and malice.. some people are so pathetic they actually get off on this kind of stuff, figuratively, i hope.

I'm just glad I'm me and not them.

it's all good my man. you just missed our coversation about this the other day. it seemed like every 20 minutes someone was opening a thread about the diamond2 and touch pro2. but we love each other around here, though sometimes we love HARD!

WarChild 02-22-2009 02:57 PM

htc is just trying to keep up with Palm and there Palm pre

bavmower 02-22-2009 04:34 PM

I'm not annoyed so much as exasperated.
I was just getting uesed to my Touch Pro.
My only question is, will it occupy the same space in the lineup,
or will there be something better?

toinejuan 02-22-2009 04:38 PM

search......it's your friend, your battle buddy, your lifesaver your all!!

bavmower 02-22-2009 05:14 PM

I have searched.

From what I can ascertain, the Touch Pro2 is very similar to the Touch Pro with the exception of the HD Screen. Which would place it above the Touch HD and be at the top of their CDMA lineup.

My question should probably be:
Is this the most powerful CDMA phone that will be available at the time?

cornelious2 02-22-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bavmower (Post 730413)
I have searched.

From what I can ascertain, the Touch Pro2 is very similar to the Touch Pro with the exception of the HD Screen. Which would place it above the Touch HD and be at the top of their CDMA lineup.

My question should probably be:
Is this the most powerful CDMA phone that will be available at the time?

you really have to define powerful. its going to have the exact same hardware as the touchpro except the bigger screen so in all likelihood it will be slightly slower save some newer more efficient software (that will be ported to the touch pro.

bavmower 02-22-2009 06:37 PM

To put be succinct, I'm looking for their flagship CDMA device, assuming HTC has the best in that class.

bujin 02-22-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 (Post 730128)
f it. No d-pad is a bust for me. First, you get rid of my scroll wheel, and now my d-pad? Bastards.

I'm going to make the insane suggestion that you not purchase it, then. :)

Big D5 02-22-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aughsum (Post 728020)
so.. besides the part about me just spending 4-500$ on the touch pro... when did this happen? what are the differences? it looks slimmer..is it? is the screen bigger? will sprint get this?

OP don't worry about the money you have lots of time to enjoy your TP it will most likely be around Christmas before we see this device on Sprint. You have lots of time to enjoy having the best of the best till then. IMHO none of us know what the final hardware/software set up will be (can you say WM 6.5) plus Sprint will surely take some time to booger up the TP2 before its release. The version we are seeing now is going to release on the GSM networks and in HTC fashion go through some minor/major changes.(I.E. Tough Diamond)

At this point it looks like you have gotten some answers to your questions and some direction to some open threads where you can discuss this further so I will close this one.

Dave