PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ready to distroy my TP-Bluetooth Help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58651)

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 11:43 AM

ready to distroy my TP-Bluetooth Help

I am trying to establish a bluetooth connection for Active sync purposes but for the absolute life of me I can not get it to work. I was able to get the computer and TP to pair, the services listed are wirless stero and serial port.

When I try and connect I get "Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a pc that supports activesync."

Current setup-
TP with latest ROM from Jungalo
Windows XP Home edition
Kington USB Bluetooth adapter
BlueSoleil 6 installed (dont really know how to use it, just got it)

PLEASE HELP!!! Going mad here! (3+ hours wasted trying to google search, trouble shoot this !@#@!#@!)

w7excursion 02-21-2009 11:46 AM

Re: ready to distroy my TP-Bluetooth Help

Dumb question, why not use the usb cable and save yourself the trouble?

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7excursion (Post 727674)
Dumb question, why not use the usb cable and save yourself the trouble?

lol, for a number of reasons
  1. Have a laptop so dont want to have to carry around cable
  2. already purchased the usb bluetooth thing and want to use it
  3. want to use the gremote to play music from my laptop etc.

Col. Sanders 02-21-2009 01:09 PM

I use a BT connection to sync and it's nice not having to use a USB cable. My Dell only has one USB port also so I was having to unplug whatever was plugged in. Here is some info I found. I did not create this page but it helped me afters days of searching. Let me know if you are still having a problem after you read the tutorial. If it works please remember to hit the Thanks button.
http://modernnomads.info/wiki/index....ough+bluetooth

510jungleboy 02-21-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 727670)
I am trying to establish a bluetooth connection for Active sync purposes but for the absolute life of me I can not get it to work. I was able to get the computer and TP to pair, the services listed are wirless stero and serial port.

When I try and connect I get "Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a pc that supports activesync."

Current setup-
TP with latest ROM from Jungalo
Windows XP Home edition
Kington USB Bluetooth adapter
BlueSoleil 6 installed (dont really know how to use it, just got it)

PLEASE HELP!!! Going mad here! (3+ hours wasted trying to google search, trouble shoot this !@#@!#@!)

Have you set your PC and TP to " Make it visible to other BT devices " settings.

DaPeeps 02-21-2009 01:45 PM

Did you mean Kensington Bluetooth adapter?

I have a Kensington Micro USB Bluetooth adapter and had the same issue. Did you use the drivers that came with it, or did you just plug it in and let Windows install the drivers?

I also had this issue with the ActiveSync...and I believe I had to uninstall the Toshiba Bluetooth stack that came with it, then let Windows install the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack....after that I had no trouble.

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 510jungleboy (Post 727826)
Have you set your PC and TP to " Make it visible to other BT devices " settings.

Yes they have made the partnership its just that when I go to activesync its saying the pc does not have that service etc.

Col. Sander, thanks for the link i will check it out.

69L46 02-21-2009 05:03 PM

I had a similar problem. The trick is to initiate the pairing from activesync on the phone. On the phone delete the pairing to the PC. Delete the port on the PC , disable the serial port service, and then re-enable it. In activesync on the PC, disable serial-port connections, make sure you go back to the main activesync app (close all the settings dialog boxes). Now re-enable serial-port connections in activesync on the PC. All this should get active sync and your PC's bluetooth back to before you added the service.

Now on your phone, go to activesync and try to connect via bluetooth. It will say that it can't find a partersship and ask you if you want to create one. say yes and it should try to pair and then connect to activesync on the PC.

dan-htc-touch 02-21-2009 05:35 PM

you have to mess with activesync settings untill the phone see's activesync as a service rather than serial port, some adapters reaquire that you set up a virtual com port ant point AS at that port, some already have the nessesary ports, it's just a matter of pointing AS at them

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 10:38 PM

i finally got it to work, thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it, this was one of the most frustrating things, I thought the whole point of bluetooth was that it was "easy" to setup...