PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, epic touch 4g & evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

nathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D and Two Today's Screen @ same time.

Just want to share that With TFdetacher and Second Today ( both available in cab) you can have Two todays and Touch flow 3d running same time nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk0xWm8PMGQ
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: TF3D and Two Today's Screen @ same time.

TFDetacher gives you options to set soft buttons on both TF3D, and today screens.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=480475
http://www.codeplex.com/TFDetacher
Also changes between screens fast
EDIT: similar in speed to Second Today

Second Today cab :
http://www.chi-tai.info/cs_wm_tools_...tm#SecondToday
Gives you another today settings list to customize and has battery plugin
Has a delay switching of about 2-3sec
EDIT: after initial setup the delay dissapeared, both run similar in speed.

I havent made up my mind on either yet..
Have both installed and now have 3 choices, that being 2 today screens and manilla.

Edited post: I overlooked mToday:
http://mobisapienz.com/index.php?opt...ownload&cid=58
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=mtoday.cab
It allows swithing of the "real" Today Screen to THREE profiles!
Has slight system delay of changing plugins
Does not create another today screen, uses actual one and swithches plugins.

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-22-2009 at 09:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have played with the detatcher for a day now and it seems like the best option...

I cooked a pretty bare bones rom and I have TF3D plus a today screen with only 45-60% of Program Memory usage...

I have noticed a bug where TF3D reloads when using the program panel but I am not sure that is because of detatcher or because of some other quirk in my rom cook...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor

What is everyone putting on their detached today screen?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajskhan View Post
What is everyone putting on their detached today screen?
On one screen

1) TF3D,
2) on regular Today scree - Combination of SPB mobile shell 2 and spb pocket plus, Pocket Digital Clock, Weather bug, SPB online and Resco's Today

3) on Second Today- Today's GPS, Live Search , RSS and Ultimate luncher

and one Icon for Pointu Home 2 so

4) Pointu Home

All work nicely simateneously with 90 free MB.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

After playing around with both I have to agree TFdetacher is better in the sense that it is seamless as it goes to the actual real TodayScreen, so it seems to run better and setup softkeys easier.

The Second Today feels more like an actual program, as it makes a duplicated/simulated, isolated "Today Screen", but that isolation also does give it the benefit of being able to have a different background than the actual today or manilla.
I could not setup any sofkeys with "second Today" because it could not override "TFDetacher" which I used previously.
"TFdetacher" let me setup all softkeys to whatever I wanted, so I could even select "Second Today" within the "TFDetacher" settings if I wanted.

EDIT: mToday worked good on my TouchPro, giving me THREE Today Screen profiles to choose from.
It is not an instant switcher like TFdetacher or Second Today.
It uses the real Today Screen and changes plugins according the the profiles you set.
So you will have the normal systen delay of changing plugins.
So I imagine you can have 3more on top of those to equaling 5 !
A nice option, but not for me.

In the end I figure I didnt need all this, just one of these programs to view a calendar plugin, and since "Second Today" came up in "task manager" list, while "TFDetacher" is just seamless and did not, I decided to Uninstalled Second Today and kept TFdetacher.

I am guessing TFdetacher is used on number 2 of post above.... nice setup too.

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-22-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Second Today cab :
http://www.chi-tai.info/cs_wm_tools_...tm#SecondToday
gives you another today settings list to customize and has battery plugin
has a delay switching of about 2-3sec
I use second today for weather panel & the metrix meters.

I don't have any delay at all in my setup, it opens almost instantly (if it took 3 seconds there is no way I would use it)

~John
Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use second today for weather panel & the metrix meters.

I don't have any delay at all in my setup, it opens almost instantly (if it took 3 seconds there is no way I would use it)

~John
Yes sorry I overlooked that and edited that post to reflect my delay vanished after a few tries.
I believe it was because I was using both programs together first time.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

I have added mToday links and comments to this thread in my posts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I have added mToday links and comments to this thread in my posts
Wow 5 Today's screen Mogul's days are over is time for Touch Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro