PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What applications should be included in the Action Screen
New Email 105 52.76%
New Contact 81 40.70%
New Calendar Entry 86 43.22%
New Task and New Note (both with stay or go) 73 36.68%
New Alarm 58 29.15%
GPS 85 42.71%
WiFi / Bluetooth (both will stay) 112 56.28%
GPS 58 29.15%
Camera 137 68.84%
Total Commander/File manager 112 56.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (21 Feb) 9 Button VGA Action Screen in Color and B/W

I have been working on setting up my action screen to match my tf3d set up... You can also set the "actions" to whatever you'd like... but the editing is tedious.. I'll post results later tonight.... My setup will be
New PicMail New Text TotalCommander
New Appt Rotate Screen New Note
Camera Capsure Toggle Bluetooth
Old 02-21-2009, 10:40 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
I have been working on setting up my action screen to match my tf3d set up... You can also set the "actions" to whatever you'd like... but the editing is tedious.. I'll post results later tonight.... My setup will be
New PicMail New Text TotalCommander
New Appt Rotate Screen New Note
Camera Capsure Toggle Bluetooth
Yes, the customization take a bit of time. If you want I can post your work on the first post when your done (and point to your post to give you credit).

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks.. I need your help a bit..
I can't get PictureMail to launch. I thought the MMSLauncher.exe was supposed to have been tweaked to work for SprintPictureMail... but I get a new text message instead...?? Help?
I also realize that Rotate Screen doesn't do anygood as an Action choice as the screen rotates immediately and doesn't stay... I'll go back to using it on the start menu... so I'll pic another program for that..

Does anyone know the param setting for the program CapSure to initiate "capsure now"?? so I press the action screen and it goes to capsure mode....
Old 02-22-2009, 01:52 AM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP

Quote:
Thanks.. I need your help a bit..
I can't get PictureMail to launch. I thought the MMSLauncher.exe was supposed to have been tweaked to work for SprintPictureMail... but I get a new text message instead...?? Help?
I also realize that Rotate Screen doesn't do anygood as an Action choice as the screen rotates immediately and doesn't stay... I'll go back to using it on the start menu... so I'll pic another program for that..

Does anyone know the param setting for the program CapSure to initiate "capsure now"?? so I press the action screen and it goes to capsure mode....
Try adding this under the param:

-service "Sprint Picture Mail" -to ""
Old 02-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Still a Geek

Thanks.. that didn't work unfortunately... hmmm

Anyway, here is a quick screen of my setup.. and my home page for the match.. see how the tone changed just a bit.. I am going to redo the focus/press selections because they turned out too messy...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:28 AM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Just to be sure, did you soft reset after making the reg. change?

Very cool and this will be a hit. It looks like you may be using 160 by 130 focus and press image. I moved to a 120 X 120 image as it was easier to align to the back ground. I also added another row in the reg so that the first icon did not start with the focus enabled.

Last edited by Rusty Duck; 02-22-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Still a Geek

I was thinking about that overnight... going to the 120x120 from reading your posts. Since the rotate screen doesn't serve for the Action Screen and I'm not able to get to a new picture mail (I do use the oem sprint pic mail and yes did the edit exactly as I've read and soft reset several times.. just no go.. I get to the choose an account screen but not new picmail window directly). I am going ot swap out those... I'm thinking I might do it commanager style instead also.. with just a single column and less apps.. it suits me though I know others have wanted more and more choices (hence 9up). I find myself duplicating the number of steps (IE: if i left the pic mail as is.. I'd be taking the same amount of steps as going to mail tab and starting new mail.. infact maybe MORE steps). Keep it simple! OK back to the drawing board.

OH.. could you post the reg edit you put to not include the first icon as selected?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
OH.. could you post the reg edit you put to not include the first icon as selected?
No problem. It is in the ActionScreen.zip file on post #3. It is the entire reg so just take a look.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc arrive
Carrier: sprint

valor2g is a n00b

thank you it works great. do you have ant dialer pads for the touch pro
Old 02-22-2009, 03:31 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valor2g View Post
thank you it works great. do you have ant dialer pads for the touch pro
No dialer pads, sorry. You may want to check here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=372098

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro