PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sovrce is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking For This ONE Image

I just downloaded and installed the "Diamond BackgroundChanger Installer" and changed the path to a folder I had an image in, thinking it would apply this image to all tabs. It didn't, it applied it to the Today screen and I cannot get it to go back. I uninstalled the program, reinstalled the TF3D theme CAB and have even deleted the folder where I had the image! Nothing will get me back to the black with white tile background I had before.

SO -- Please help me either find the specific background image, it's the HTC Black theme background with the white tiles throughout it, the most popular black theme I think *OR* help me find a program that'll change all the background images to the one currently set as my Home tab's background.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Looking For This ONE Image

Scroll to the Settings tab, click on Wallpaper, it will ask you if you want to use the original, say yes.

Always set your wallpaper through that option.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
Scroll to the Settings tab, click on Wallpaper, it will ask you if you want to use the original, say yes.

Always set your wallpaper through that option.
Thank you very much!! Perfect! Now... any idea how to take an image and apply it to all the tabs? I tried both the "Diamond BackgoundChanger Installer" and "mun_background4alltabs v2" but neither worked. I have "Calkulins Black Clock Teus" CAB installed to make my TF3D theme black with those white squares against the black background. It's a nice look, but now I want an image on all the tabs and I'm wondering.. could that CAB/theme be interfering with those two programs I ran trying to apply the image across all tabs??
Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No problem.

Hummm, It is a possibility.

Do you have both cabs for the backgrounds installed at the same time? If you do uninstall them both, restart and then install just the mun cab, that one should do the trick. But change the wallpaper through the setting I just told you, it should work. Hopefully, hehe.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
No problem.

Hummm, It is a possibility.

Do you have both cabs for the backgrounds installed at the same time? If you do uninstall them both, restart and then install just the mun cab, that one should do the trick. But change the wallpaper through the setting I just told you, it should work. Hopefully, hehe.
Yes, the bolded part absolutely helped me. That's why I had no problem giving you a second thanks But for clarification, what did you mean "both cabs for the backgrounds"? You mean the "Calkulins Black Clock Telus" & the "mun_background4alltabs v2" CAB/Diamond BackgoundChanger Installer? I did have both installed the two times I tried. The only problem I have with uninstalling the black theme is that I like the black slider and the icons with the CBCT theme. The only thing I really want to change is the background for the tabs, not the color of the slider, bars, icons etc etc.

*EDIT: Plus, when I had the mun CAB installed it didn't even show up in Programs. I couldn't find it anywhere but the folder I dragged it into from my desktop. Besides the Diamond Background Changer and the mun program. are there other options anyone knows of?

Last edited by sovrce; 02-21-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Let me get something clear. Did you install two applications to try to get the wallpaper in all tabs?

If that is the case and you still have both installed I would uninstall "Diamond BackgroundChanger", restart the phone, and install mun_background4alltabs v0.2 again, by itself, could be overkill but it is worth a shot.

You don't need to find the mun application in programs or anywhere, you just change the wallpaper as usual and it should work.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Let me get something clear. Did you install two applications to try to get the wallpaper in all tabs?

If that is the case and you still have both installed I would uninstall "Diamond BackgroundChanger", restart the phone, and install mun_background4alltabs v0.2 again, by itself, could be overkill but it is worth a shot.

You don't need to find the mun application in programs or anywhere, you just change the wallpaper as usual and it should work.
Wait... so let's say I've got a blank slate, as in nothing installed except the mun application and I'm working off a refresh soft reset. So with the mun application installed, all I do is go into Settings > Today > Use this image as background? So let's say this DOES actually change the background on all tabs. What do I do about going back to black sliders and the icons that came with the Calkulins Black theme? They're not special, they're the default. But the slider is a nice dark color and looks good with the icons:

http://i41.tinypic.com/bi8dxv.jpg

So how do I keep the black slider/icons AND the background as the image I picked with the mun applicatios running? I was thinking... if I change the background using mun and then installed the Calkulins black theme, could that work? Like I said earlier, I couldn't get RID of the background image, even after REinstalling the black Calkulins TF3D theme. Think that would work, or would the two CABs just clash?

Last edited by sovrce; 02-21-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Added image link.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

With a clean slate.

1st, install theme that you like.

2nd, install mun_background4alltabs v0.2

It will ask you to restart, do so. At this stage your wallpaper is already active for all tabs.

Want a different image?

3rd, change wallpaper scrolling to the Settings Tab -> Wallpaper.

Last edited by Nimdock; 02-21-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
With a clean slate.

1st, install theme that you like.

2nd, install mun_background4alltabs v0.2

It will ask you to restart, do so. At this stage your wallpaper is already active for all tabs.

Want a different image?

3rd, change wallpaper scrolling to the Settings Tab -> Wallpaper.
Alright, thank you. But just to double check, if I change the Wallpaper for what seems like just my Home tab, by going to Settings > Today > Use This Image As Background, the mun application will make it the background for ALL tabs, right? That's the point of this application? The reason I have my doubts is because when I install the Calkulins Black theme, it changes the background on all tabs from what it was before I install the CAB for the theme, so I wonder if that CAB has something like ultimate priority over every other background..
Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Because the theme is not really installing a wallpaper for all tabs, it just seems that way.

Don't go to Settings -> Today. Scroll to settings at the bottom and click Wallpaper. The point of the mun_backgr is to make it your wallpaper on all tabs when you do that, not when you go to Settings - Today. Follow the order I gave you and you will be golden.

Last edited by Nimdock; 02-21-2009 at 11:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro