PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows mobile
Carrier: verizon

imowt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fat finger-friendly menus for WM here

I am a new Omnia owner and still learning the tricks to this...
Let me ask this rather silly question
OK I download the fingermenu cab file. what exactly do "they" mean by replacing the exe's from the fingermenu cab file with the exe's in the compessedone (file)
I downloaded both and nzipped he compressed but thats as far as I got...
Please help
Old 03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

When you run the .cab file on your phone, it will install the program. Once it is installed, you can use your phone's file explorer to navigate to the different directories like you can on a computer. This is talking about going into my device/program files/fingermenu. Once in that directory you will see the .exe files that are being discussed. Without replacing the .exe's that are installed when you initially run the .cab file, the menu loads really slow. Replacing the .exe's with the compressed version will cause it to open instantly with no delay.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm beta testing FingerSuit. Basically he renamed it because this version takes care of message boxes as well. It works good.

If you want to get in on the beta testing, head over to the post at xda and pm the developer with info about yourself including your email address. The more beta testers there are, the better the final program will be, so I strongly urge everyone to do this.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thanks Chronster....I just PM'd him, so hopefully he'll let me in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro