PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Hardware keyboard problems..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58554)

bonneyt 02-20-2009 04:01 PM

Hardware keyboard problems.....

i know this has been discussed many times in many places, but all the same problems exist... the hardware keyboard on my touch pro is very unpredictable... straight out of the box sending an sms was extremely laggy... i've disabled all of the T9 options, cleared all the stored entries.

very frustrated i searched the ppcgeeks forums and xda, all led me to change the delay settings found in 2 seperate .cab files... i also found a cab that disables xt9.

when using any program that allows me to type text, it's very fast (such as in opera, or tiny twitter as examples)

something to consider... there are a few occasions (very very few) where typing is extremely fast.. and usually it lasts for 2 to 3 text messages and then goes back to laggy... i have also had the keyboard stop working all together a few times and i had to reset the phone to get it working again....

everything about my phone is stock, i've never tried flashing or any new software builds... what can i do?????

Cicatrize 02-20-2009 04:19 PM

Re: Hardware keyboard problems.....

If you're using VistaHide battery gauge, I'm going to stab you for not using Search.

bonneyt 02-20-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 726130)
If you're using VistaHide battery gauge, I'm going to stab you for not using Search.

dear god... i thought i said i searched and tried everything.... no i have no battery gauge installed..............

Dr.8820 02-20-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonneyt (Post 726164)
dear god... i thought i said i searched and tried everything.... no i have no battery gauge installed..............

did you install the keyboard hack that's floating around here somewhere? i use it and don't have any problems. i would have linked it for you but i can't get the tragedy of omj"s son out my head.

Cicatrize 02-20-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonneyt (Post 726164)

Just checking. Almost every single time someone posts this, it's VistaHide. lol

benanthony 02-20-2009 04:39 PM

If you keyboard has completely quit on you a few times and if sometimes it appears that keys are getting stuck and you end up with stuff like "yeeeeees" then plan on the keyboard to completely quit working shortly, I would say give it a week and it will be gone. I just posted a bunch of info about my experience with it a couple days ago.

Thanks,
Ben

bonneyt 02-20-2009 04:52 PM

yeah that's when it happens, just shortly after i type a space and get like 30 lol... what will waiting a week fix???

benanthony 02-20-2009 05:13 PM

No waiting a week isn't going to fix it its probably going to completly quit working. Mine was bad for about a week and then it just quit working all together. I would expect the problem to keep getting worse and worse for you.

Thanks,
ben

benanthony 02-20-2009 05:14 PM

so do you think the battery guage in wkTask could cause this problem also?

Bizill 02-20-2009 05:15 PM

i'm with ya'll on this issue. mine began happening two days ago. intermittant. but i'm sure it'll be dead soon enough.