PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

bonneyt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hardware keyboard problems.....

sooo after it stops all together, then what?? i'm screwed? are we thinking there's a hardware problem afterall??
Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bonneyt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
did you install the keyboard hack that's floating around here somewhere? i use it and don't have any problems. i would have linked it for you but i can't get the tragedy of omj"s son out my head.
if you are referring to the "hack" that changes the keyboard delay in the registry, then yes... i've tried it... strangly enough it seems like it helped at first, but gradually the problem came back, and alot worse it seems... i love my tp, but the problem with the keyboard is killer......
Old 02-20-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneyt View Post
if you are referring to the "hack" that changes the keyboard delay in the registry, then yes... i've tried it... strangly enough it seems like it helped at first, but gradually the problem came back, and alot worse it seems... i love my tp, but the problem with the keyboard is killer......
tit for tat, problem is the same exact.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

benanthony is just getting started

I called Alltel and they are sending me a new phone, might want to prepare yourself to get a new one under your 1 year warranty. I have no idea if its hardware or software, I do know that if you mess around with the keyboard driver in fdcSoft Task Manager I can sometimes get my keyboard to come back to life, I'm just waiting on my new/refurb to arrive in the mail.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

jsntrenkler is becoming a great contributor

I am a big believer in the hard reset theory ... On this touch pro before I installed anything I did a hard reset, my keyboard works much faster than it did out of the box.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bonneyt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
I am a big believer in the hard reset theory ... On this touch pro before I installed anything I did a hard reset, my keyboard works much faster than it did out of the box.
i did a hard reset this weekend, it's proved to solve some of the issues i'm having but not all of them... in fact before i installed any of my programs i tested it out for 4 hours, i sent around 50 text messages in that time and 3 emails... i also did a little web browsing... the first 20 text messages were sent within the first hour.. most all of them had some delay (lag) some started laggy but got faster as i kept typing... others were a little ridiculous, taking 30 seconds to say ok, i'll be there...

the keyboard stopped working after 3 hours, i did a soft reset... when everything was back up and running i tried to reply to a text message, the keyboard was still not working, so i did another soft reset. after the second it started working again and the typing was much faster than before.... i called HTC they first told me it was due to software i had installed... which was none. after argueing for 20 minutes that i have no software installed other than what sprint puts on there, needless to say i didn't get very far
Old 02-24-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jawxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jawxx

I just posted a thread a few days ago about my keyboard dying, on TOP of other buttons dieing.

I have Total Equipment Protection on my plan. I went to the Sprint store. Told them I did a hard reset or two, several soft resets and no keyboard still.

Since it's a hardware issue, they're issuing me another Touch Pro. Don't even have to pay for the claim (like when it's lost/stolen/water damaged). And I got lucky, there's no refurbs in stock so I'm getting a brand new one.

Should get a call saying it's in today. I'm going to do a hard reset after the first start up... though it seems goofy to do some people are standing by that method. My theory is it can't hurt.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

asurion is replacing mine free. hope this one doesn't do the same thing...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bonneyt is a n00b

since i posted the original problem with my keyboard, i've done a hard reset going back to stock everything, which so far up until today worked fine... it's stopped working a few times, but it's always come back after restarting... today though is another story...

it worked fine all day but it decides now that it doesn't want to work, ive powered off 2 times and just restarted 2 times, i can't get the stupid keyboard to work anymore.. i'll try my luck with sprint....
Old 03-03-2009, 12:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Bagbklyn is just getting started

Add me to the list, a soft reset doesn't do the tricks so im not sure what the issue can be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro