PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

lxChicoxl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy HTC touch pro need help

Ok so I been reading allot on this board and now I need you guy's help!

I downloaded the Mighty5 from the update section and I want to install it into my pro.

So I did the hard reset, also I down loaded this software like 3 times but not working! I can see it on my memory card but it does not let me install it. when I down loaded from website or even copy from my CPU to my memory card it does not load as a zip drive? I see the windows ICON and the message I get is (there is no application associated with might5, ron the application first then open this file from with in the appication) So I go to my explore folders and look for the file mighty5 but can not find! What am I doing wrong? please help. Alos I have down loaded from the website to my cell and when it finishes down loading the same window ICON come up and I click on it and says the same thing.

I thank you for your help in advance and by the way great website and I really like this phone allot.

Thank you
Old 04-27-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

therookielot is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to therookielot Send a message via Skype™ to therookielot
Re: HTC touch pro need help

Did you follow all the steps in the rom walkthrough? It's not like installing a cab dude. Go check out the mightyrom thread to see if you missed anything.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok I will but I am doing it just like the instructions and I just dont get it
Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Sounds like you haven't read this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266
Old 04-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

lol are you trying to install the rom via your pc..or off the memory card.. if off the memory card you have to rename the 1 RUU file and place it on the root of your card..if via your pc you have to put ur phone in bootloader and run the .exe in the mighty5 folder... also did you use winrar or another program to extract the files..as they are zipped down... and finally it seems you havent read enough to risk doing some thing like this... PLEASE READ ALL INFO CAREFULLY as you dont wanna mess up your phone.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

wow this is so complicated!! Well I will try to fallow instruction from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266 hope it works....
Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thank you guys for the info and I will keep on reading b4 I install it! I have it back to the 6.1 windows but I hate it because it kills my battery with in 2 hours! I will monitor this thread and hope all you guys info. helps me.

Again thank you for the info.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Have you already unlocked your phone?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well I did the hard reset doesn't that unlock's the phone? I did it twice last night. When I turn the cell phone on again to set the new might5 it goes to the stock re-install. So I let it do that and when I go to my memory card file I see the windows ICON but I get that message on my first post. I just tried to re name it like youmaylose posted it but I still see the same icon! (rename the 1 RUU file and place it on the root of your card) what should I name it? also whats the ROOT of my card??
Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

I already sent you the link on how to flash and the first thing it says is to make sure you unlock your phone and it gives you the link to the instructions for unlocking. Hard reseting does not unlock your phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro