PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Has ANYONE successfully physically hard reset their Verizon Touch Pro??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58520)

WhiteBlazer01 02-20-2009 12:07 PM

Has ANYONE successfully physically hard reset their Verizon Touch Pro???

It's killing me. I do a search for "How To Hard Reset Touch Pro". "ppcgeeks hard reset touch pro". 'XDA-Developers hard reset touch pro". And guess what - I get almost a million results. Great!! But not a single one is correct!

I've read:
- Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Volume Up + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Power Button + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Power down, wait 1 min, Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button
- Take out the battery, then Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button

I've even watched a YouTube video (in Russian) showing me how to physically reset a Touch Pro (YouTube Video), but the phone is not a Verizon version, and by now I'm convinced the Verizon Touch Pro cannot be physically reset!

So, please, can someone tell me what am I missing? I am stuck in the loading screen (no, not bootloader, the splash screen) with the SIP keyboard showing. Something must have gone wrong with an app install, and I need to do a physical hard reset.

Please know, I've tried the above methods so many times, and still no luck.

I guess I can put the phone into bootloader (assuming my phone will let me), and re-flash my current ROM (my phone is unlocked, and flashed already).

Darkness231 02-20-2009 12:17 PM

Re: Has ANYONE successfully physically hard reset their Verizon Touch Pro???

Power Button + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button

Hold all the buttons and just press and release the soft reset key and keep holding the other keys until the screen pops up, if you feel the vibrate you didn't do it right.

WhiteBlazer01 02-20-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 725530)
Power Button + Volume Down + Center Button + Soft Reset Button

Hold all the buttons and just press and release the soft reset key and keep holding the other keys until the screen pops up, if you feel the vibrate you didn't do it right.

I just now tried it at least 10 times, and no luck. It just soft resets the phone. It can't be a glitch in my phone, and I know I'm not stooopid :)

Can I flash my phone via PPCKitchen when in bootloader? I may just try that

WhiteBlazer01 02-20-2009 12:25 PM

OH! after trying your method, it just soft reset, and instead of getting stuck at the splash screen with the SIP keyboard, it's now stuck at the splash screen with what looks to be the hard reset message behind it. I can only read "... device to it's factory default settings."

What do I press to hard reset?

EDIT: I just tried pressing the Vol up button (nothing happened), Vol down button (nothing happened), power button (turns off/on screen), center button (nothing happened).

EDIT 2: Well, I successfully put my phone into Bootloader mode (intentionally). Power button + Vol Down + Soft reset. I can go any longer with my phone disabled.

xgm541 02-20-2009 12:31 PM

try going to settings > system > clear temp (or something like that)

Deimoss 02-20-2009 12:32 PM

volume up should reset it , if you've gotten this far..

WhiteBlazer01 02-20-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgm541 (Post 725567)
try going to settings > system > clear temp (or something like that)

That's what I normally do (as I've never been able to physically hard reset), but I can't even get into the phone. It's stuck in the splash screen. I'm just going to try to flash it from bootloader mode.

WhiteBlazer01 02-20-2009 12:36 PM

Oh well, thanks for the help guys! I'm flashing it right now. I just hope I don't get stuck on the road like this (or maybe I can flash from the Storage Card just like the Titan).

Darkness231 02-20-2009 12:39 PM

Ive flashed from the storage card 4 times today already. I keep a few ROMs on my card to try out while im "working". You just need to rename the .nbh file RAPHIMG.nbh and place it on the root of the storage card. I think you may have a corrupted ROM or ROM install.

WhiteBlazer01 02-20-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 725587)
Ive flashed from the storage card 4 times today already. You just need to rename the .nbh file RAPHIMG.nbh I think you may have a corrupted ROM

Lol, that makes sense - seeing as how the Titan was TITAimg.nbh. :)

Yea, something is definitely wrong with my ROM.