PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick
A question to all you uberpowerusers.

I've just recently (yesterday) upgraded to a Touch Pro (finally) after a few problems and replacements with my Titan. And one thing I've noticed, that I quite enjoy, is that I don't have to soft reset my phone as much. I can't count on three fingers how many times I've done it since I got the phone. (if you don't count cab installs that require it, obviously). On my old Titan I was soft reseting once every couple hours.

So my question is to all of you out here who use your TP's all day, every day, and are vicious to it without remorse: How many times a day, roughly, do you soft reset?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: A question to all you uberpowerusers.

Not as often as I have to change my battery!

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

my pro is crazy. sometimes it will be fine for days. sometimes i'll go on the net and it freezes and has to be re-booted maybe 3-4 times that day.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
my pro is crazy. sometimes it will be fine for days. sometimes i'll go on the net and it freezes and has to be re-booted maybe 3-4 times that day.
mine to for most part i never do it unless i install something but every once in while it gets in a mood and i have to like three times in a row
Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I do it every night before bed. It may be just out of habit because of my mogul issues. Ive had this touch pro for a month and think ive "needed" to softreset due to freezing, only 2-3 times. After having the mogul for almost 2 years, its seriously hard to break the closing of apps and soft reset habit. Thats just me though
dschoenike

Old 02-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

barely ever, ive had it now for over a month and i can honestly say ive had to soft reset maybe 5 times unintentionally
Old 02-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G
Carrier: Sprint

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

once a week I'd say, minus installing programs that I don't really need, lol.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: currently test driving htc hd2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kenmag7577 is becoming a great contributor

not counting cab install soft-resets i think in 2 1/2 months ive reset about 3 maybe 4 times due to any freezing issues. it is pretty solid and i love my pro!! i wouldn't give it up for anything.

dont forget to hit thanks if i helped in any way!!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ICU812 is just getting started

Great phone! I would say I have SR mine at least once a week to refresh the device. No major issues either. I am running stock rom though.

Thanks to HTC for a great device. I am a fan for life.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

Depending on usage I find myself resetting atleast once per day with some days requiring two or three. These resets generally are only needed because my hardware keyboard stops working and the backspace on the on-screen inputs fails as well - probably a problem with the ROM I'm using but still reset more than I wish I had to

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro