PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good 3.5mm adapter?

I purchased this adapter from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Adapte...5144233&sr=8-1

It works, but the audio quality leaves something to be desired. I noticed there was something that bothered me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I then carefully listened to the same track on the phone with the adapter and on an MP3 player. Things which should be pretty prominent and in the right ear are a bit indistinct and in the left ear instead. I tried the included huge "as big as the phone itself" multi-adapter included in the phone's box and it works perfectly - the output is like the MP3 player.

So now I'm on the hunt for an adapter which is compact (like the one I bought) but also doesn't introduce interference.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Good 3.5mm adapter?

I really would like to know why they made the adapter that comes with the phone so awkward? It gets on my nerves when I go running, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeffreynew23 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
I really would like to know why they made the adapter that comes with the phone so awkward? It gets on my nerves when I go running, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Call me crazy but I was not even aware that it came with an adapter
Old 02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

lol yup... i was just going to say why dont u use the one that came with the phone.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Scorpion360 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynew23 View Post
Call me crazy but I was not even aware that it came with an adapter
Neither did I until I just read this, I came here to post that I just picked up one of the HTC Generic ones almost exactly like the one in OP off amazon for ~$4 shipped. Works like a charm and is very small, I just leave it on the end of the headphones.

Perhaps yours was defective, it's quite feasible seeing as how these things are as cheap as dirt. Mine works exactly the same as my MP3 player, so well in fact that I use my TP with 8gb card as my MP3 player now.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
lol yup... i was just going to say why dont u use the one that came with the phone.

So we are positive that a 3.5mm comes in the box for the Sprint Touch Pro?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynew23 View Post
So we are positive that a 3.5mm comes in the box for the Sprint Touch Pro?
Yes, it looks like this

It's rather large, but one of the slots is 3.5mm

I have the same 3.5mm adapter you have and don't have any audio quality issues. I use semi-high end sound isolating earbuds though.

// holy crap i just noticed that the left and right channels are in fact switched on the adapter. One doesn't sound more muted than the other though.
// After playing with the stereo swap feature on TCPMP I can somewhat tell that the left earbud is slightly more damped than the other, so odd that i never noticed before... may or may not be placebo effect in action.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 02-20-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

Yes, the Touch Pro multi adapter's a little box with a short cable attached. It's not at all small, but offers connections for 3.5mm and 2.5mm headsets, as well as a charging and htc port.

I've used the following adapter, and it sounds great to me:

http://www.amazon.com/YS-AUC-2-1-Mul...5150615&sr=8-5

But I haven't used it in a long time, because it doesn't fit with the ebay skin case I have. It's very small, and as convenient as you're going to find, because the mini usb port is useful. I got mine from EBAY, and I think I spent between 3 and 4 bucks.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The stock one doubles the length of your phone.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Yes, it looks like this

It's rather large, but one of the slots is 3.5mm

I have the same 3.5mm adapter you have and don't have any audio quality issues. I use semi-high end sound isolating earbuds though.

// holy crap i just noticed that the left and right channels are in fact switched on the adapter. One doesn't sound more muted than the other though.
// After playing with the stereo swap feature on TCPMP I can somewhat tell that the left earbud is slightly more damped than the other, so odd that i never noticed before... may or may not be placebo effect in action.

Crap that must come with the newer ones. That was never in my box. I had something that looks different. I got my Touch pro about 3 weeks to a month after launch. Anyone else in my boat?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro