PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   A question to all you uberpowerusers. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58458)

Matchstick 02-19-2009 10:42 PM

A question to all you uberpowerusers.

I've just recently (yesterday) upgraded to a Touch Pro (finally) after a few problems and replacements with my Titan. And one thing I've noticed, that I quite enjoy, is that I don't have to soft reset my phone as much. I can't count on three fingers how many times I've done it since I got the phone. (if you don't count cab installs that require it, obviously). On my old Titan I was soft reseting once every couple hours.

So my question is to all of you out here who use your TP's all day, every day, and are vicious to it without remorse: How many times a day, roughly, do you soft reset?

Mr_Alexander 02-19-2009 10:47 PM

Re: A question to all you uberpowerusers.

Not as often as I have to change my battery! :mrgreen:

Dr.8820 02-19-2009 10:48 PM

my pro is crazy. sometimes it will be fine for days. sometimes i'll go on the net and it freezes and has to be re-booted maybe 3-4 times that day.

robby37 02-19-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 724502)
my pro is crazy. sometimes it will be fine for days. sometimes i'll go on the net and it freezes and has to be re-booted maybe 3-4 times that day.

mine to for most part i never do it unless i install something but every once in while it gets in a mood and i have to like three times in a row

dschoenike 02-19-2009 11:05 PM

I do it every night before bed. It may be just out of habit because of my mogul issues. Ive had this touch pro for a month and think ive "needed" to softreset due to freezing, only 2-3 times. After having the mogul for almost 2 years, its seriously hard to break the closing of apps and soft reset habit. Thats just me though :)
dschoenike

MoonZ*BabysH 02-19-2009 11:10 PM

barely ever, ive had it now for over a month and i can honestly say ive had to soft reset maybe 5 times unintentionally

chazybaz13 02-19-2009 11:20 PM

once a week I'd say, minus installing programs that I don't really need, lol.

kenmag7577 02-20-2009 02:06 AM

not counting cab install soft-resets i think in 2 1/2 months ive reset about 3 maybe 4 times due to any freezing issues. it is pretty solid and i love my pro!! i wouldn't give it up for anything.

ICU812 02-20-2009 02:19 AM

Great phone! I would say I have SR mine at least once a week to refresh the device. No major issues either. I am running stock rom though.

Thanks to HTC for a great device. I am a fan for life.

FrozenIpaq 02-20-2009 02:26 AM

Depending on usage I find myself resetting atleast once per day with some days requiring two or three. These resets generally are only needed because my hardware keyboard stops working and the backspace on the on-screen inputs fails as well - probably a problem with the ROM I'm using but still reset more than I wish I had to