PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is There A Way Too, Have Seperate Numbers for Mobile and Text?

I have a person in my contact list that has a Mobile number and a totally different number for text messages. When you put a Mobile number in contacts it automatically sets that number for text messaging, which is logical. Exception, this person who has two cell phones, one for voice and the other for text. I am using the HD Contacts on MightyROM 4.10, I'd like to set up the HD Contact text messaging icon to go to a number different from the Mobile. Any ideas? I've search the registry and even used reshack to look in the ContactDLL.dll and no luck.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:25 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Is There A Way Too, Have Seperate Numbers for Mobile and Text?

I figured out a work around. Simple
Input the text messaging phone as the mobile number in the contact
then put her mobile phone as the home phone... now when I want to send a text, I select the text icon in the HD Contacts and if I want to call the mobile number I just select the HOME phone icon...
now I just have to remember that!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
I figured out a work around. Simple
Input the text messaging phone as the mobile number in the contact
then put her mobile phone as the home phone... now when I want to send a text, I select the text icon in the HD Contacts and if I want to call the mobile number I just select the HOME phone icon...
now I just have to remember that!

You can give this a shot ill try it later for ya nad let you know but if you go to main directory their a file called pim it has all your phone numbers and call log i would copy it to computer and try opening in notepad or wordpad if that don't work rename try excel maybe should be some sort of csv file so notepad should do if that don't work make a pim backup turn off compression and try to open the backup file you would then be able to edit it and see if their is a field for it or if it simply is a script that references the mobile num if i helped give me a thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm surprised Pocket Outlook still doesn't have a "Mobile 2" field. Carrying two phones is getting more and more common.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby37 View Post
You can give this a shot ill try it later for ya nad let you know but if you go to main directory their a file called pim it has all your phone numbers and call log i would copy it to computer and try opening in notepad or wordpad if that don't work rename try excel maybe should be some sort of csv file so notepad should do if that don't work make a pim backup turn off compression and try to open the backup file you would then be able to edit it and see if their is a field for it or if it simply is a script that references the mobile num if i helped give me a thanks
I did the PIM thing between my posts, I couldn't figure anything out about that darn file, I think that gbm85 is on the right track though... I've actually consolidated my phones to one phone and the good thing is that my employer is paying for my service

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro