PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

benanthony is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard Problems

So I am having the unfortunate problem with my keyboard going out on me. It has been acting the same as others who have had the same problem.

I currently have Alltel sending me another phone, but in the meantime I have been messing with mine and I DO NOT think this is a hardware problem and here is why. The problem started out like others where it got progressively worse and then I had no keyboard at all, so I hard reset and still nothing. Then while using the phone it just up and reset on it own and bang the keyboard worked again for a short while (Hours) then it stopped again. So in my expermenting I have found that if I use fdcSoft Task Manager and use the devices view and stop and start the keyboard driver followed by a soft reset that it usually kicks the keyboard back to life for some amount of time and then it randomly craps out again.

What concerns me is that when I get the new phone that whatever caused this problem in the first place will happen again, im not sure if its some software combination or what. It does seem that I first noticed this problem after I installed SITO Pocket Controller Pro, but I can't confirm that.

Does anyone have any thoughts or any ideas that I should try before I send this one back?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 02-19-2009, 10:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

benanthony is just getting started
Re: Keyboard Problems

Here are a couple of more observations that I have made. Since the keyboard has started acting up, my battery life has gone from bad to horrible, but even worse is the reporting of it. it will tell me that I have 50% left and I can do a soft reset and I only have 10% left.

Also I have noticed that a lot of times now when I press the power button that the screen doesn't fully turn off, there is still a glow around it, not sure how else to describe it, but it definitely isn't turning all the way off, the screen is dark and you can't do anything like it is off, but still glows, almost like the screen is off but the backlight is still on. I think this is attributing to the extremely bad battery life as of late too.

Ben
Old 02-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Like you said OP, the problem will arise again no doubt, due to the fact that you are re-installing the same set of software. Now I have none of the stuff you mentioned on my phone, but my new phone is manifesting some of the same symptoms as my old one. But one thing ive noticed ids that it gets really bad when the phone gets extremly hot.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor

Honestly i would flash sprint stock rom or juggalos as i don't think he has any known bugs and then see if it works cause it does sound like could be hardware because it starts when you restart driver it might jus work till the hw acts up again and confuses the driver and makes it crash but flash a new rom and see what happens if all is well start installing all most common apps that many users use and slowly start installing the things you use that you think are more beta or are less common and see at what point it acts up and see if you can isolate program then if you find a prog you think it is soing it in post it here or on the source thread for said program at which point hard reset install JUST that prog and see if it does it if it doesn't start reintalling all other progs slowly and when it stops working again you have your conflicting prog/tweak and if it doesn't you now learned to install that prog first as it was breaking something else hope this works for you and if it does enjoy knowing you have a nice not scratched phone and new battery that you didn't scam cause you really thought you had prob if it works you can throw me a thanks to

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro