PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Lurker

danzero7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Unable to answer phone ***POSSIBLE BUG***

Not sure how to best explain this situation, but it's happened to me twice. Both occasions involved the person I'm calling, calling me at the same time. The scenario is something like this. I dial the Person A's phone number. While it's ringing, an incoming call from that same person comes in. The caller ID shows "Unknown caller" and it starts trying to switch from the incoming call to the outgoing call. I can't answer the incoming call or ignore the incoming call. It rings and rings and rings. Once the incoming call ends it cancels the incoming call and shows like 7 or 8 missed calls all from Unknown at the same time. Not sure if I explained that the best but that's the best I can do. Anyone else have anything similar and if so did you find a way to fix it?

I am on a stock sprint rom but I have downloaded a few third party apps like G-alarm, NFL mobile, .net 3.5, etc.

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: Unable to answer phone ***POSSIBLE BUG***

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzero7 View Post
Not sure how to best explain this situation, but it's happened to me twice. Both occasions involved the person I'm calling, calling me at the same time. The scenario is something like this. I dial the Person A's phone number. While it's ringing, an incoming call from that same person comes in. The caller ID shows "Unknown caller" and it starts trying to switch from the incoming call to the outgoing call. I can't answer the incoming call or ignore the incoming call. It rings and rings and rings. Once the incoming call ends it cancels the incoming call and shows like 7 or 8 missed calls all from Unknown at the same time. Not sure if I explained that the best but that's the best I can do. Anyone else have anything similar and if so did you find a way to fix it?

I am on a stock sprint rom but I have downloaded a few third party apps like G-alarm, NFL mobile, .net 3.5, etc.

Thanks.
hey this isn't an issue with your phone i live in ny and this happens on my blackberry curve and on my touch pro and did it on my touch and mogul and pearl it just sprint ****ty polling rate i think or glitch with network only time it doesn't do it is when i am roaming on verizon it sucks i always thought it was me calling back to fast and it gets really frustrating cuz then i wait a couple secs and usually do it again lol if i helped thank me that all i ask but u can try and get your msl and edit your priority its in the essentials sticky
Old 02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Unable to answer phone ***POSSIBLE BUG***

Quote:

Thanks.

Haha,

Yea, many WM phones (and other smartphones) are plagued with this 'phenomenon.'

It gets even better when you and the person trying to call you call each other back and keep getting voicemail for the next 5 minutes since you both are calling each other at the same time...

Oh well,

Matt!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

I had the same problem yesterday on my way home from work. It happens under the same conditions as the op describes. It's amazing. I just laugh, soft reset my phone and go about my merry way home

Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH100

jshell73 is just getting started

It's not a bug in the product. It's a "feature".
Old 02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:

Thanks.
The only way i've seen to make this work properly is to disable HTC Dialer and use the default WM Dialer. That problem happened to me so many times that that's what I did and haven't had it happen since.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro