PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: Sprint

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PointUI 2 is out, and it looks promising

http://www.pointui.com/products/home-2

just installed it, really smooth
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: PointUI 2 is out, and it looks promising

Looks pretty cool, do you know any videos of it in action? I've been pretty happy with my TF3D lately.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

type pointui xperia into youtube

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:43 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

It is very smooth. A big pain to add a city to for weather, think vogue again! It is very nice, but they are trying to limit the free one in hopes of the paid version coming out being the better choice. It is running around 5mb more program memory than I have on my TP when I have touchflo3d running, meaning tf3d actually is the smaller choice?! I couldn't believe it either especially when I saw how fast it was. I couldn't find a way to get the slide show to play from storage card, theres no dedicated audio player, and I also had a little trouble getting around in it, of course that would come with time. I like tf3d better, except for the smoothness of pointui but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I also didn't like how the task manager is disabled, the one in the top right corner. It seemed touchflo esque when playing with it. I am sure some will love this and I agree that it is very nice, but tf3d is very aesthetically pleasing!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

chrisaroz is just getting started

Hmmm.... not sure if it's better than MobileShell. The clock is tiny and there are only a handful of cities. They did a great job on the product, very smooth and fast, but I'll have to play with it for a few days to really get a good impression.

I am excited about built-in theme support though!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Downloaded it. It is smooth and is much like the Bell UI. I'll play with it for a day or two then go back to Touchflo.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:08 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Load it and it is fast but limited. Did not find a quick way to enable bluetooth.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nrupalp is a n00b

Just installed it, WOW its so fast and i think quiker to get to stuff then TF3D.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NightWinggl@gmail.com is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to NightWinggl@gmail.com

I'm running it. I like the feel alot better than TF3D.
It's certainly smoother and faster, and the landscape mode is way better than that of the one in TF3D. It's not perfect by any stretch, it's lacking applets... Sure we can make our own... but that isn't the best, since not everyone is a programmer. I do miss the flip clock from TF3D, I hope someone figures out a way to port it into Pointui.

As for the Weather/Cities thing, they have a work around if you check their community Forums.

I do like the Contacts dialer though... I never was really a fan of the flip/style favorite Rolodex that was in TF3D, Since you can't change the order of the tiles... It was more novelty in my mind...

But thats just my 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I am playing with it. Pretty nice interface. Not as great as I had hoped. No way to flip through pictures without launching album and no way to check for new emails manually without launching messaging. Sounds from the forums like it is pretty customizable though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro