PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new TP2 manilla for TP-Dutty created it for HD already

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I just saw it and I honestly don't see the big deal. It's not going to be like the new touch flo. Don't get me wrong, pretty cool, but this is the second time I've seen someone start a thread about it on 2 different forums. Is this cooler than I think? LOL
Depends. Are you a geek?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

there are two seperate things happening - one is a new version of TF3D which includes a calendar tab and all of the tabs now work in landscape mode with full functionality (they resize themselves appropriate so the phone works regardless of orientation). The toher is the addition of new applications like the ability to do conference calls fromth e phone (adding up to 5 calls, removing one caller at a time to have a private convo) and the contacts functionality (in each email you can press a button to call them and you have a stand alone page of all of the convos you have with that person including emails, texts and VMs). There's also pre-caching of websites for opera so when you start it up there is zero delay (just load time but no download time) for preset sites.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

OMG I am drooling in anticipation, the touch pro 2 is sexys. Except for the loss of Flash and the 3 MPs....
Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Conference calling probably won't be available unless supported by network
Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRiNT

clami is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Conference calling probably won't be available unless supported by network
with that being said if sprint gets it it wuill have a flash
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clami View Post
with that being said if sprint gets it it wuill have a flash
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I mean, sprint doesn't even support a data connection while in-call so how could they offer something as advanced as a conference hosting phone where you can speak to individuals during the call? Sounds like something Alltel will have lol.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Well I can tell you that I installed this on my TP today and it is wicked fast compared to the stock TF3D. They did a hell of a job converting this to VGA...
Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Well I can tell you that I installed this on my TP today and it is wicked fast compared to the stock TF3D. They did a hell of a job converting this to VGA...
I've seen it as a simple cab install, but the instructions insisted that a hard reset be done prior to installing. Did you install the rom or the cab? If you installed the cab, did you do a hard reset prior?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I did not know that this was done already, Ive been following XBmod thread over at XDA and didnt see anything. There confusing directions on the first post, is this what you followed (new to the scene so confusing to me, i thought these were for beta test etc.)
Old 02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
I did not know that this was done already, Ive been following XBmod thread over at XDA and didnt see anything. There confusing directions on the first post, is this what you followed (new to the scene so confusing to me, i thought these were for beta test etc.)
Yeah I am confused too, over XDA it says "Not Released Yet" so how did you guys got it anyway?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro