PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Google search - Can you incorperate into the HOME TF3D?

You don't need advanced config to map to a softkey just go to
HKLM\Software\Htc\manila
in the registry and change either the RSK path and text or the LSK path and text depending on which side you want the button on
the path is
\Program files\Google Search\googlemobile.exe

edit: here is the cab btw in case anyone needs it
100th post
Attached Files
File Type: cab GoogleSearch.CAB (405.6 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by heartisall; 02-19-2009 at 01:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
You don't need advanced config to map to a softkey just go to
HKLM\Software\Htc\manila
in the registry and change either the RSK path and text or the LSK path and text depending on which side you want the button on
the path is
\Program files\Google Search\googlemobile.exe
Advanced Config is so much easier then a Reg Edit
Old 02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Maybe, but it takes all of 20 seconds to do that regedit and I don't have to install anything additional on my device, advance config was a little buggy last time i tried it. but to each there own thats why there is more than one way to do things
Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Maybe, but it takes all of 20 seconds to do that regedit and I don't have to install anything additional on my device, advance config was a little buggy last time i tried it. but to each there own thats why there is more than one way to do things
I always remove Advanced Config when i'm done with it, and both ways take a app to do it
Old 02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Very true, I was just giving some info to those who may want to do it through the registry. If you don't want to do it that way or it doesn't interest you than by all means install advanced config and uninstall it when your done (although i think at that point the regedit is definetely easier and less time consuming).
Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Very true, I was just giving some info to those who may want to do it through the registry. If you don't want to do it that way or it doesn't interest you than by all means install advanced config and uninstall it when your done (although i think at that point the regedit is definetely easier and less time consuming).
I know, I just didn't want noob's trying a regedit
Old 02-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is anyone else having a problem getting this to work on Second Today Screen? The only way i can make it work is click on it when i am on the Second Today then go back to my normal today screen and it shows and works over Manilla.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I used Advanced Config and put it on my right shortcut key

Hello. I am new to the Touch Pro and TF3D. I am used to using SPB Mobile SHell on a Sprint Mogul. What you did with Google, I would like to do with another application. Can you tell me where I can get the advance config u are using? Also, does it work on a stock rom? Thank you in advance,

Tp
Old 02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Hello. I am new to the Touch Pro and TF3D. I am used to using SPB Mobile SHell on a Sprint Mogul. What you did with Google, I would like to do with another application. Can you tell me where I can get the advance config u are using? Also, does it work on a stock rom? Thank you in advance,

Tp
Check post #12 "-)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

It's attached on the 2nd page of this thread and yes it works on a stock rom, what application are you interested in doing this for?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro