PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New Google search - Can you incorperate into the HOME TF3D? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58326)

heartisall 02-19-2009 01:47 PM

Re: New Google search - Can you incorperate into the HOME TF3D?

1 Attachment(s)
You don't need advanced config to map to a softkey just go to
HKLM\Software\Htc\manila
in the registry and change either the RSK path and text or the LSK path and text depending on which side you want the button on
the path is
\Program files\Google Search\googlemobile.exe

edit: here is the cab btw in case anyone needs it
100th post:headbang:

kyrumo 02-19-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 723146)
You don't need advanced config to map to a softkey just go to
HKLM\Software\Htc\manila
in the registry and change either the RSK path and text or the LSK path and text depending on which side you want the button on
the path is
\Program files\Google Search\googlemobile.exe

Advanced Config is so much easier then a Reg Edit :-)

heartisall 02-19-2009 01:57 PM

Maybe, but it takes all of 20 seconds to do that regedit and I don't have to install anything additional on my device, advance config was a little buggy last time i tried it. but to each there own thats why there is more than one way to do things

kyrumo 02-19-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 723183)
Maybe, but it takes all of 20 seconds to do that regedit and I don't have to install anything additional on my device, advance config was a little buggy last time i tried it. but to each there own thats why there is more than one way to do things

I always remove Advanced Config when i'm done with it, and both ways take a app to do it :-)

heartisall 02-19-2009 02:07 PM

Very true, I was just giving some info to those who may want to do it through the registry. If you don't want to do it that way or it doesn't interest you than by all means install advanced config and uninstall it when your done (although i think at that point the regedit is definetely easier and less time consuming).

kyrumo 02-19-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 723221)
Very true, I was just giving some info to those who may want to do it through the registry. If you don't want to do it that way or it doesn't interest you than by all means install advanced config and uninstall it when your done (although i think at that point the regedit is definetely easier and less time consuming).

I know, I just didn't want noob's trying a regedit :-)

gorillaguzzler 02-19-2009 02:18 PM

Is anyone else having a problem getting this to work on Second Today Screen? The only way i can make it work is click on it when i am on the Second Today then go back to my normal today screen and it shows and works over Manilla.

tpeazy 02-19-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrumo (Post 722655)

Hello. I am new to the Touch Pro and TF3D. I am used to using SPB Mobile SHell on a Sprint Mogul. What you did with Google, I would like to do with another application. Can you tell me where I can get the advance config u are using? Also, does it work on a stock rom? Thank you in advance,

Tp

kyrumo 02-19-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpeazy (Post 723359)
Hello. I am new to the Touch Pro and TF3D. I am used to using SPB Mobile SHell on a Sprint Mogul. What you did with Google, I would like to do with another application. Can you tell me where I can get the advance config u are using? Also, does it work on a stock rom? Thank you in advance,

Tp

Check post #12 "-)

heartisall 02-19-2009 03:04 PM

It's attached on the 2nd page of this thread and yes it works on a stock rom, what application are you interested in doing this for?