PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sovrce is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question About COMPLETE Phone Back Up

So here's my situation:

I absolutely love my Touch Pro. Best phone on the market, IMO. I see myself set for years to come, in all seriousness. There's just one thing I'm considering - modifying my pagepool size. I've got a completely stock Alltel Touch Pro ROM with loads of tweaks and like I said, I'm totally in love. What people have been saying, however, is that increasing the size of the phone's pagepool makes it quite a bit faster. The question is, if I've got TomTom 100% installed on my SD card, everything tweaked to the max and all the shortcuts and files how I want them, is it worth it to "risk" everything and make a backup/image? Do the back up programs actually work? I put sooo much time into this phone and TomTom in particular that'd I'd be broken if things were changed for the worse, and I know pagepool edits require you to flash your phone.

So what do I do?? Is it worth it? How many people went from stock 12MB pagepools to 32MB+ and love the difference enough to say go for it? While I'm at it, are there any Alltel radio/ROM improvements that I should know about in this area?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Question About COMPLETE Phone Back Up

I have a 0MB dynamic page pool and couldn't be happier....

Haven't had to reset my phone in a week and a half so far......
Old 02-19-2009, 03:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HtC Raphael
Carrier: Sprint

SuPeRw00t is becoming a great contributor

Absolutely it is a good idea to perform backups on your phone! There are a few great options out there that come highly recommended.

Here is the link to Pibe38's sticky on software, check near the bottom for the backup utilities!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17859
Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovrce View Post
How many people went from stock 12MB pagepools to 32MB+ and love the difference enough to say go for it? .
I'm sure somebody will immediately disagree, but I recently went from 6MB to 16MB in my Sprint TP activated on Verizon service & it really made little or no noticeable difference.

~John
Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

As far as backups go, SPB & Sprite are usually considered the top two.

In ny Titan/Mogul days, all i ever used was SPB. Now, for some reason I have had SPB fail numerous times in my TouchPro's (I have three of them)

The latest version of Sprite has been working perfectly for me however. Just yesterday, I did a total system restore where I restored a Sprite BU to a different phone running a different ROM & the system works perfectly. That is pretty darn impressive.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro