PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Error 407, need provisioning IP?

My Touch Pro gives error 407 whenever I try to either Update Profile or Update PRL. My regular Internet access was working, but I spent an hour with two tech support people who had me "restore the default profile," which of course ruined my regular Internet access too. Eventually, at my behest, one tech support person looked at network status, and found an outage in my area (near Chicago). That was several hours ago, and nothing has improved.

I would now like to try entering IP addresses myself directly, in the hope of restoring at least the regular Internet access I had before. Can anyone give me the IP addresses their Touch Pro has? To find these, I think you have to dial ##3282# and click View. The screen should then show 3 IP addresses:

Home Agent IP Address
Primary Home Agent
Second Home Agent
Old 02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work
Re: Error 407, need provisioning IP?

if there is a network outage in your area your internet will not work even if you do put you ip addresses in manually untill the network issue is resolved.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You misunderstand. Whatever this alleged "Internet outage" is, it did not prevent me from using the Internet just fine this morning, even though Update Profile and Update PRL gave errors. The tech support people goofed up my Internet access by telling me to "restore the default profile." I would just like to get back to the situation I had this morning before the tech support people goofed me up.

Since the update problem has persisted for many hours, it could likely persist for many days. I don't want to wait that long.

Besides, a poster in another forum has told me that error 407 has nothing to do with any alleged Internet outage. Rather, it is a bug related to the restoral of one phone's backup on a replacement phone (which indeed is exactly what I did last night).

So simply waiting for the situation to magically improve is unlikely to bring a happy result.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

I had this problem last week. I was on the phone with tech for a couple hours logging ##3282# stuff and tried everything, didnt work. Problem was, I was on a custom rom. Update profile always came back error 67 or 407. Are you on a custom rom? So to fix i had to hard reset/flash back to stock Sprint rom, ran update profile with no problem, then flashed back to my custom rom
Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Are you on a custom rom? So to fix i had to hard reset/flash back to stock Sprint rom, ran update profile with no problem, then flashed back to my custom rom
No, I am not on a custom ROM, but I did restore a backup made on a previous phone (which had the same firmware version as this new one).

On your custom ROM, does the Internet now work? Do Update Profile and Update URL work? Since flashing the ROM clears everything out, I don't see how flashing back and forth would make a difference.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I didn't believe them either when they told me it was an outage. I had spent hours trying to get it fixed. However, it did randomly start working later that afternoon...so they were apparently right. FYI, to manually input your primary and secondary home agents, you will need to do ##778# and go to m.ip customer profile 1. In ##3282#, you are not able to edit the home agents.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Last night, after still getting error 407, I hard-reset my phone. Update Profile and Update PRL then worked properly. I then restored from backup again, and again Update Profile and Update PRL would not work. So clearly, the problem has nothing to do with outages. Apparently, something in the old phone's backup--probably in the registry--is inconsistent with the new phone's configuration.

My guess is that the phone's serial number gets copied into the registry; and then Update PRL and Update Profile foolishly use the registry's information instead of the phone's native information.

The bottom line here is that I had to hard-reset again, and reload all applications and tweaks from scratch.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

techfury90 is keeping up the good worktechfury90 is keeping up the good worktechfury90 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
No, I am not on a custom ROM, but I did restore a backup made on a previous phone (which had the same firmware version as this new one).

On your custom ROM, does the Internet now work? Do Update Profile and Update URL work? Since flashing the ROM clears everything out, I don't see how flashing back and forth would make a difference.
You will need to backup, hard reset, update your profile, then restore the backup. Error 407 is caused by restoring a backup from a different phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro