PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grt8neaphew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to grt8neaphew
registry edit questions.....

i was real bored and i was messing around in my registry editor looking at some stuff. anyway under HKEY_Current_User_Phone extend function_cdma theres a folder that say SMS and if u have that window on the bottom up and the folder cdma highlighted then there are two files called SMS and SMS Notify. they both have a number of 0 and im wondering what they will do if u increase the number or anything. just wondering
Old 02-23-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: registry edit questions.....

I think the SMS notify edit is to turn on and off the sent text notification bubble that shows up when you send a text message.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdesola is just getting started

I think kyle is right. I turned that one off quickly after getting my TP.

Buildin' my rep...
Old 02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

I actually think that is not the sms sent notification because that is a separate registry edit. It is SMSnoSentMsg with a dword value of 1. I would guess this is probably what turns on and off the message popping up when you recieve an incoming text as it used to do before manilla controlled such things, at least this would make sense since they are both set to 0. However maybe someone can let us know for sure.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
I actually think that is not the sms sent notification because that is a separate registry edit. It is SMSnoSentMsg with a dword value of 1. I would guess this is probably what turns on and off the message popping up when you recieve an incoming text as it used to do before manilla controlled such things, at least this would make sense since they are both set to 0. However maybe someone can let us know for sure.
You are 100% correct. I stand corrected, I took a look at the cab I have to disable to sent notification and the registry edit is different than posted in post #1.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to smotrs

Here's some additional information about it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro