PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to delete phantom email account? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58243)

lgmayka 02-18-2009 04:49 PM

How to delete phantom email account?

My Touch Pro had a problem, so I backed it up with Sprite Backup, exchanged the phone for another Touch Pro, then restored from backup. This mostly worked well, but here's a glitch:

One of my email accounts is now a phantom. It displays on the TouchFlo email screen, but when I click on it, it does nothing. It is not listed in the regular Windows Mobile email accounts, but when I try to create a new one with the same name, it won't let me.

I have tried searching the registry for its entry in order to delete it manually, but I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know how to delete this phantom email account?

demolasko 02-18-2009 05:16 PM

Re: How to delete phantom email account?

i have asked this questin several times in several threads and never got an answer i just hard reset my phone

aarondeep 02-18-2009 05:20 PM

I had this problem when i setup google sync its kinda annoying.

Darkness231 02-18-2009 05:21 PM

Do the restore and then do a backup with PPCPIMBackup.
Hard reset
Then run PPCPIMBackup From there you can choose restore individual email accounts.

KillerQ 02-18-2009 05:50 PM

Wait...

Just search for, and download SKTOOLS (trial) and go to DELETE PIM INFO (under the ALL category from the main screen) and select the account you want to go away. Then click on DELETE account. I have done it many times, works instantly....

Later,

Mat!

lgmayka 02-18-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerQ (Post 721319)
Just search for, and download SKTOOLS (trial) and go to DELETE PIM INFO (under the ALL category from the main screen) and select the account you want to go away. Then click on DELETE account. I have done it many times, works instantly....

This sounds great, but I can't find what you describe. I have SKTools 4.4.6.2, trial version. I see no ALL category, only these:

Clean!
Optimize!
Tune Up!
Installed Programs
Move Data
Notifications Queue
Shadow Services
SKTools Backup
Registry Explorer

Where would I find Delete Pim Info?

lgmayka 02-18-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgmayka (Post 721340)
This sounds great, but I can't find what you describe.

Never mind, I found it. Thank you!

madcowmilau 02-18-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerQ (Post 721319)
Wait...

Later,

Mat!

ok so did this then when i soft reset it came back along with another :( HELP PLEASE?

Insatiable 03-18-2009 11:16 AM

anyone still have a fix or a new fix for this? I did a hard reset and restored with my htc data back up - and cant get this envelope to go away.

airst 03-18-2009 11:50 AM

Sync with your computer using Windows mobile device center and Uncheck syncing email in its settings. that should remove it -.-