PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

jsntrenkler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moderators Closing Threads

I just wanted to say that I would like to see the Moderators post a link to the original thread in the event of a double post or duplicate discussion. It's frustrating reading a thread only to discover it's closed and then have to search for the original.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Moderators Closing Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
....... then have to search for the original.
ROFL.....you said it yourself, LOL
The reason why they close it is because you should have done that in the first place.....ROFL

Old 02-17-2009, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Also when a thread is closed you can see a lock on the envelope to the left of the thread. And where Post Reply is, it says Closed.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I just gotta say it! It the immortal words of the COZ "thread closed!!!"
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 02-17-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

chrisaroz is just getting started

The fact is that the search function on forums suck. It's nearly impossible to find anything you need. Limited to more than X number of charaters (can't search "GPS" "Windows 7") and the results are cryptic meaning you have to go through 5 pages of search returns.

I agree that searching is the first thing you should do, but if you can't find what you need what are you supposed to do? And if a mod closes a thread because it's a dupe, they obviously know where the other thread is so is it really too much to ask for them to post a quick link?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:08 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

And most of the Mods here do give you a link to the original thread. If not a member usually chimes in and gives the link before the thread is closed. Everyone gets frustrated with searching cause they really dont know to search the forums. Use the Google Search options to search. It works 100% better than the default search option

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaroz View Post
The fact is that the search function on forums suck. It's nearly impossible to find anything you need. Limited to more than X number of charaters (can't search "GPS" "Windows 7") and the results are cryptic meaning you have to go through 5 pages of search returns.

I agree that searching is the first thing you should do, but if you can't find what you need what are you supposed to do? And if a mod closes a thread because it's a dupe, they obviously know where the other thread is so is it really too much to ask for them to post a quick link?
If the search function on the forums doesnt give me what I want..I go to google and search from there. Google will give me what I am looking for 99% of the time.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaroz View Post
Have you tried reading through this?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Have you tried reading through this?

Of course not. He would have had to search for it. LMAO.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i think people make the search harder than what it is. if you want to ask a question, just use the key words of that question. you will come up with multiple threads but you have to SEARCH for the answer. if people stop commenting with useless info or argue in someones' thread then the answer would be on 1 page instead of 32 pages. just my 2 pennies...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro