PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 AM
BurgsideTiger's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 83
Reputation: 105
BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For the noobs like me

okay, so this is my first post and i am really excited right now. not because of the actual post, but i have finally figured out EXACTLY HOW TO INSTALL THE CAB FILES. i have read and read and read and read, but no one was actually saying where to put the cab files after u download them. now i am not stupid, and i am pretty computer smart, i think that the problem was comming down to im not as tech as alot of u guys. so for anyone else having the same problem installing the cab files....here u go!!!!!



so step 1 would be to find the cab that u want to download. there are a ton. i had been trying to download some new fonts, not big files, so fast and easy. one of the big mistakes is that when i finished downloading, they looked exactly the same as a zipped file. so i was unzipping them and putting them in my phone that way. well it wont work. trust me.

u need to put the zipped-looking file directly in your phone as is. do not unzip it or anything. just put it in. i actually made a folder in the start menu and labeled it to install.

so once the file is in, take your phone and go to the files location. u will notice that it doesnt look like a zipped file anymore. just click on it and it will automaticly do its thing!!!!! just do a soft reset, and your good to go!!!!!


i really hope this helps someone, i honestly could have used something like this about 3 hours ago. i had almost givin up, but just came across it by accident. i dont know if this post is in the right place, but dont delete, just move it if u have 2
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 4 times.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 AM
MWSlim's Avatar
MWSlim
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: For the noobs like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger View Post
okay, so this is my first post and i am really excited right now. not because of the actual post, but i have finally figured out EXACTLY HOW TO INSTALL THE CAB FILES. i have read and read and read and read, but no one was actually saying where to put the cab files after u download them. now i am not stupid, and i am pretty computer smart, i think that the problem was comming down to im not as tech as alot of u guys. so for anyone else having the same problem installing the cab files....here u go!!!!!



so step 1 would be to find the cab that u want to download. there are a ton. i had been trying to download some new fonts, not big files, so fast and easy. one of the big mistakes is that when i finished downloading, they looked exactly the same as a zipped file. so i was unzipping them and putting them in my phone that way. well it wont work. trust me.

u need to put the zipped-looking file directly in your phone as is. do not unzip it or anything. just put it in. i actually made a folder in the start menu and labeled it to install.

so once the file is in, take your phone and go to the files location. u will notice that it doesnt look like a zipped file anymore. just click on it and it will automaticly do its thing!!!!! just do a soft reset, and your good to go!!!!!


i really hope this helps someone, i honestly could have used something like this about 3 hours ago. i had almost givin up, but just came across it by accident. i dont know if this post is in the right place, but dont delete, just move it if u have 2

Happy modding!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Darkness231's Avatar
mmmm Freebirds
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Cedar Park, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,218
Reputation: 2543
Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For the noobs like me

Yeah whenever I install WinRAR on my PC it associates the .cab files with it. Which makes it look like a zip.
__________________

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
MadlyAlive's Avatar
The GrooGrux King
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Phoenix, AZ
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,228
Reputation: 1785
MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: For the noobs like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
Yeah whenever I install WinRAR on my PC it associates the .cab files with it. Which makes it look like a zip.
I always show extensions for all files so I don't get mixed up.
__________________



Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 PM
ulysses's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 259
Reputation: 160
ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ulysses
Re: For the noobs like me

if i can add my $0.02, i keep everything i've installed in a folder on my computer, so when i flash, it's all in one place. but i'm sure most people here do the same?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
MadlyAlive's Avatar
The GrooGrux King
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Phoenix, AZ
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,228
Reputation: 1785
MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: For the noobs like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
if i can add my $0.02, i keep everything i've installed in a folder on my computer, so when i flash, it's all in one place. but i'm sure most people here do the same?
Same here. And I keep all my cab's on my SD card.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:25 PM
ulysses's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 259
Reputation: 160
ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ulysses
Re: For the noobs like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Same here. And I keep all my cab's on my SD card.
i thought about leaving them on my sd, but figured it's just taking up extra space on there since it's on my desktop, but yeah, that's not a bad idea either..
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:52 PM
jmorton10's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,692
Reputation: 5695
jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For the noobs like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Same here. And I keep all my cab's on my SD card.
That's what I do too.

I use a 16 gig Sandisk card so I have plenty of room.

~John
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM
regression's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Olive Branch, MS
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 392
Reputation: 190
regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For the noobs like me

I also keep the cabs on both my desktop and SD card. Also, I would suggest keeping all your key codes or registration numbers for apps you paid for. I learned the hard way when I had my first Windows Mobile phone (Moto Q) and had to do a hard reset. I spent so much time finding all my cabs. Then after that, spent eve more time looking through emails for registration codes.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
InvincibleLiving's Avatar
Post Master General
Offline
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network
Location: Leesburg, VA
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,464
Reputation: 4222
InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For the noobs like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
I also keep the cabs on both my desktop and SD card. Also, I would suggest keeping all your key codes or registration numbers for apps you paid for. I learned the hard way when I had my first Windows Mobile phone (Moto Q) and had to do a hard reset. I spent so much time finding all my cabs. Then after that, spent eve more time looking through emails for registration codes.
correct, i keep mine in a word file on the internal storage for this exact reason... cut and paste!
__________________
Creator of iLife ROM Series

Best... Member... Ever...
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com