PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

AmDD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
low signal strength

has anyone else noticed they have worse cell service using the touch pro over other phones? this is my first ppc so maybe thats the problem. i can put my old phone right next to this one and my old one will have full service while my touch pro will be lucky to get 3 bars. i can do the same with my sisters phone (we both are on us cellular)

is there anyway to get a better signal? i tried a hard reset and now flashed to the Mighty Rom but havnt noticed any differences yet.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: low signal strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmDD View Post
has anyone else noticed they have worse cell service using the touch pro over other phones? this is my first ppc so maybe thats the problem. i can put my old phone right next to this one and my old one will have full service while my touch pro will be lucky to get 3 bars. i can do the same with my sisters phone (we both are on us cellular)

is there anyway to get a better signal? i tried a hard reset and now flashed to the Mighty Rom but havnt noticed any differences yet.
switching roms wont give you better reception man. You need to flash a radio, i would try the telus radio linked in my signature and follow my instructions how to flash it

Flash a radio!
i would suggets you use the Telus Radio V1.04.05V.
the spring v1.11 isnt very good as it is meant for the diamond but someone converted it for the touch pro.
First off extract the files.
Then run the ROMUpdateUtility (make sure your phone is plugged in the computer).
Then proceed through the steps (will look just like the screen for unlocking).
It will start flashing the radio, it goes very quick!
and once again DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE TILL IT SAYS FINISHED!
after you see the Successful screen hit finish and unplug your phone!
your now rocking a new radio!
UNLOCKING OR FLASHING A RADIO WILL NOT HARDRESET YOUR PHONE!
but it is advised you back it up just to be safe
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmDD View Post

I have had SEVERAL smart phones and the TP is one of the best for service IMO

you need to change your radio, I have Sprint and I was getting 3-4 bars out of 7.

Changed to Telus radio now Im running 6-7 out of 7 now.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

there is no to say which radio is the best b/c each area is different, you will have to try each one for a couple of days and see what works the best for your area

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:38 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

since im on us cellular can i use, say a sprint radio? or will that not work?

another similar question here: any idea why i cant connect to my data network all the time? sometimes i can and sometimes i cant. more often than not i can not connect. it says it can not connect for unknown reasons...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

You can use any radio as long as it is a TP radio, FYI I know when I flash radios, it hangs at 99% for a tad, don't worry about it if it happens, just let it finish.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Most other phones average the signal strength, my Blackberry for instance shows full 5 bars everywhere except the cave where I work at. It does since since it averages 1X (which Verizon has 5 bars pretty much everywhere here) and EVDO. Disable EVDO and you'll see great reception everywhere
Old 04-21-2009, 02:49 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

My TP is awful for service.

My roomate's BB pearl gets 4/5-5/5 bars of service in the apartment. My Helio Ocean (Sprint service) gets 4/5. My TP gets 1/7 bars of service and drops out of Ev if I cup my hand around the bottom of the phone. Does this with all radios.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Lurker

bshane1 is a n00b

If this does not work, is there a way to go back to the original radio flash? Also...do I have to go through the unlock process first before I am able to flash the radio?

Last edited by bshane1; 04-28-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshane1 View Post
If this does not work, is there a way to go back to the original radio flash? Also...do I have to go through the unlock process first before I am able to flash the radio?
U have to unlock your phone to flash a new radio.

not knowing who your provider is you have to look at the link I posted from earlier to see if your current radio is listed. because once you flash to a new radio you have to flash again if you want to go to the original radio.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro