PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 12:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

2canSAM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody willing to cook a custom rom for me?

OK I have my touch pro configured just perfect and was wondering if someone could cook a custom rom for me for a few bucks. I am looking for somebody to add Yoztag's Manila 2.1 to DCD's 6.5 base rom. I downloaded the kitchen and just really don't have the time to learn how to cook these files in right now as school and work is really keeping me buzy. I have all the files needed. Thanks and please, if this is not allowed, feel free to remove it.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Anybody willing to cook a custom rom for me?

What format are your manila files in? OEM? if they are you can just add them to the OEM section of dcd kitchen, if they are EXT then put them in EXT... if they are cab use erivus package creator to make them into OEMS and then put them into the OEM folder or optionally convert OEM to EXT with EXT package creator, then put the EXT folders in EXT, make a new directory in EXT with 8_2cansam as the title or something.

the numbers are there because it dictates the order the EXT's are applied in, the higher the number, the later the packages are applied. Ideally you would probably want your packages applied as late as possible.

you can find both of those apps on xda, or just google for em.

or just upload the files and I will try my hand at cooking them in.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

I did it.. that package was pretty difficult, as it was designed for other devices, localets, etc.. but finally I ironed it out..

http://rapidshare.com/files/28373932...6_gen_y_2.1.7z

this is in no way modified, just plain DCD 2.16 with that manila you referenced(unmodified) added.. kitchen will be up in a bit, if thats okay with DCD. just in case you want to know HOW it is done...

edit: here it is (kitchen), if dcd says take it down I will, this is for educational purposes and he's good about helping people learn so there should be no issues.

http://rapidshare.com/files/28374120...2.16_manila.7z

Last edited by raidzero; 09-22-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

2canSAM is a n00b

Dude, you are the freakin man. I am downloading now and will flash tomorrow. Thanks again and let me know what I owe ya
Old 09-23-2009, 01:15 AM
N00b

Hah, thanks. glad to help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
N00b

so hows it working?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro