PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

noreboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power button issues on my CDMA touch pro

I'm having this same exact issue. All of yesterday evening my power button didn't work....Migty rom, Stock rom, with after market apps, without after market apps, etc. No matter how many times I hard reset, the button just wounldn't turn on. I wake up this morning to take the phone to Sprint, now the power button work flawlessly....wtf
Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

I've had this problem also. When it happens I need to soft-reset to 'wake' the phone up. It happens very sporadically, so I've just been brushing it off as another 'quirk' of the TP.

Actually, while it only happens occasionally during the day - it happens a lot first thing in the morning when I unplug it.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

mine just starting doing this a couple days ago too

Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone else have a problem where if the phone does wake up as it should - for some reason the data connection suddenly decides it can't connect? I often have to soft-reset for that problem too.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

noreboy is a n00b

Well, yesterday I took my phone in to my local Sprint repair center, and they simply replaced the slider/screen. I told them I was having the sporadic faulty power button issue as well as people not being able to hear me sporadically on in/out bound calls, as well as screen glitches when slowly scrolling on a screen. Anyway long story short, my faulty power button issue is no more...as well as all the other issues I report. The power button is attached to the slider, so you guys should probably try that...having Sprint replace the slider.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been having the sme issue... Think I can get Sprint to change the slider for me on my Verizon model?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

JHABET is a n00b

Had the same issue with mine and it only got worse had to take it back to alltel. did not mess up for the rep but he did warrnty it out and give me a new one anyway.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Lurker

bpapa9013 is a n00b

Been having the same issues, I can almost always wake mine up by briefly sliding open the kb. I have found that this issue is typically (but only temporarily) resolved by hard-reset and/or installing a new ROM.

One thing that seemed to work very well for a while (but does not seem to work any more) was to slide out the kb and then pull "up" on the power button, get your fingernail under the back edge of the power button and pull up. This instantly solved the issue for me on a number of occasions, but again the result was only temporary.

I'm thinking that it may be that pocket-lint/dust/etc. may be getting under the button and interfering with its functioning... But thats obviously just a theory. It would be nice if anyone could figure out how to remove the power button (without breaking anything) to see what is going on underneath...

I am presently considering trying to get a warranty/insurance replacement phone from Sprint, but I admit I really don't want to go through the hassle of relocking the SPL and finding and installing the stock OS...
Old 09-23-2009, 02:31 PM
FSTZ

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

had the same issue...

I removed the stylus and used it to poke the likkle switch in the stylus housing...

it was stuck and was preventing the power button from working

cheers..

JJ
Old 09-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I get this occasionally and soft reset to get it back. Typically it happens overnight. It is interesting that often after I discover the phone this way in the morning, the battery has not charged and is near zero.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro