PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

benji82 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Garmin XT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
are you really running it on a TOUCH? there's the reason for your slowness...aside from the mental variety...

actually touch pro bud, never bothered to update. hahaha like your little jab there, guess it's true what they say, garmin fanboys really can't handle ANY critisim.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN
Threadstarter

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

actually, my XT rarely lags. it did on my titan when i had other things running but i have yet to have a lag problem on the TP. calculating trips only takes a few seconds on the TP where on the titan it could take almost a min. not sure why you were/are having problems with it.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

btw i didnt say it wouldnt work but the copy of garmin xt thats floating around wouldnt work until u patch the two .doc files and copy them into the TP. If you just take the SD card from you mogul and put it into your TP it will go into search mode for a GPS device.

I personally traded up garmin xt and went to iguidance for my TP because garmin doesnt work the same as it did with my mogul. Iguidance supports VGA and it uses less space for the maps.

I normally help people in private messages for Garmin because I know that half of the problems have to do with the patched files.

and if you are wondering how i know all of this, its because of my coworkers. i am probably one of the few people with a legit copy of garmin because i bought it for my tilt.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN
Threadstarter

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
btw i didnt say it wouldnt work but the copy of garmin xt thats floating around wouldnt work until u patch the two .doc files and copy them into the TP. If you just take the SD card from you mogul and put it into your TP it will go into search mode for a GPS device.
kinda strange, i put the sd card in my TP and fired up XT and it had sat lock in about 25 sec. if i cant get the problem fixed i may switch to iguidance. but for now im just gonna flash the phone and try XT one more time. then its emal to garmin to see if there any help.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji82 View Post
actually touch pro bud, never bothered to update. hahaha like your little jab there, guess it's true what they say, garmin fanboys really can't handle ANY critisim.
odd, i thought i handled it just fine

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
kinda strange, i put the sd card in my TP and fired up XT and it had sat lock in about 25 sec. if i cant get the problem fixed i may switch to iguidance. but for now im just gonna flash the phone and try XT one more time. then its emal to garmin to see if there any help.
then u have a good copy of it LOL.

but i am Iguidance all the way now, the newest version is cool and u can buy preinstalled on an sd card
Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Verialltel

seanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good work

Hey I have been using XT on my phones for awhile. Started with Treo with garmin bluetooth GPS but was to slow. Titan was next and it worked great. Now with the Touch Pro it works just as fast as my wife's Garmin NUVI265. Between these devices the card requires new activation codes. You can buy a new card for each phone to get these activation codes. If you have a legitimate copy of "Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile with Built in GPS" (actual name) You shouldn't have any problems switching from phone to phone. I am under the impression you are using one that came with a Garmin GPS. Under federal law you own that particular software for one user. If you choose to switch to another device and that device use a different unlock code Garmin will not give it to you. But.....if you do some more research on this site and others, there is plenty of info to activate the software onto another phone. Since you bought that copy and still have it, it is my understanding that you are breaking no laws by continuing to use it. Garmin may not like it, but they are S.O.L.

Oh yeah BTW. The reason your icons are small was stated earlier. The icon resolution is QVGA and you are using a VGA device. No other explanation than that...The VGA is awesome though as you can see 4x the info on the screen.

Last edited by seanborn1979; 02-19-2009 at 09:55 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro